You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00235318-186
CRE Regional Facility Manager (Berlin/Europe)
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
For ASML it is paramount to be and remain the global leading company in lithography-based chip-making equipment inside an ecosystem of ever growing complexity.
To best enable ASML’s vision, Strategic Housing & Workplace Experience, part of the CRE organization, strives to contribute to an appealing, attractive, and comfortable working environment for ASML employees and visitor. Our joint CRE strategic pillars Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability guide us in our plans and activities.
When managing the regional CRE team, the Regional Facility Manager acts from the strategic pillars and translates needs for the future into short- and long-term plans for the hard and soft service domain.
The purpose of the Regional Facility Manager is to lead, coach and develop a team of FM site and regional professionals, project managers, service experts and suppliers to provide facilities and services to enable ASML’s activities.All of this is based on and executed within CRE’s strategic pillars (Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business Alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability).As a Business Partner to Country and Site Management, the Regional Facility Manager leads the local demand management organization and therefore is responsible for managing local Real Estate, FM and maintenance services for all ASML Berlin and all Field Offices in Europe.
Role and responsibilities
Strategic Planning Process
1. Responsible to drive the local strategic planning process of CRE by inventory of local business request, collecting relevant trends and developments and setting high quality standards (and provide guidance and direction on how to achieve these).
2. Acting from the ASML CRE strategic pillars and make sure that the needs for the future are translated into short- and long-term plans for the hard and soft services domains.
3. Manages the overall strategic vision and planning for the local competence, in alignment with corporate strategy, guidelines and objectives. Ensures a good fit with ASML and CRE strategy and derives the roadmap and priorities on local level for example on resources, sourcing, development plan etc.
4. Understands and aligns with the overall needs of the business and population (the users/Stakeholders) in the domain of the global competence.
5. Responsible for the development and execution of effective local policies and translation of global policies for CRE ASML Berlin.
6. Responsible to derive long-term and short-term activities from the strategic plan and drive the investment and program plan in order to make the changes happen in time and against the required output/performance.
1. Managing the Regional CRE team of educated professionals and operational service experts, as well as a complex portfolio with extensive and great diversity of products/services in CRE management.
2. Leading the regional CRE team in managing the (key) suppliers that are responsible for a range of operational and tactical activities within CRE. The Regional CRE team acts as the (strategic) demand organization towards the expertise parties by translating business needs into (output) specifications and by monitoring and managing the performance of suppliers based on a set of strategic, tactical and operational KPI’s.
3. Acting as the manager and representative for CRE in the region and leading the regional CRE team in being the budget holder to act towards (key) suppliers and investment plans. This is done in close collaboration with the global CRE team, Finance and NPR.
4. Leading the regional CRE team in managing an outstanding continuous quality and/or improvement of quality in adherence to changing business needs and objectives of CRE.
5. Contributing to ASML objectives by ensuring uptime of assets and buildings and delivering outstanding services with the aim to contribute to an appealing, attractive and comfortable working environment for ASML employees and visitors and to support in the attraction of talent.
1. Being responsible for managing the relationship with (key) suppliers together with the FM lead for the hard services and soft services domains.
2. Contributing to the (global and local) strategic planning and reporting process and maintaining relations with stakeholders such as the global CRE team, other Regional Facility Managers and the Global Head of Real Estate and Facility Management.
3. Realizing strategic alignment with ASML’s business to be continuously informed about changes in the organization and business to understand needs and predict/anticipate on changes in needs and capacity.
4. In alignment with CRE teams, inform business stakeholders about impact and progress of projects and programs and ensure coordination between activities.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
1. Driving innovations and opportunities that arise from (strategic) partnerships and continuously set the right goals and targets for and/or with these partners to bring performance and quality of deliverables to the next level.
2. Driving changes in the CRE portfolio to innovate products and/or services, meet (changing) performance criteria, manage replacements form the long-term Investment Plan (MJOP) or comply to business requests.
3. Connecting with other CRE functions for optimization of products, processes or performance locally or with global scope, sharing best practices and leveraging economy of scale and scope.
1. Being the delegated budget holder for CRE in the region with mandate to act towards (key) suppliers and investment plans.
2. Responsible for managing the CRE ASML Berlin CAPEX budget and short- and long-term planning and allocation of the budget.
3. Calculating business cases for change plans and cost estimates for impact on the CRE organization considering balance between risks, performance, and costs (TCO)
4. Validate offers of suppliers to determine compliancy with required quality and output specifications.
Education and experience
- Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering, Facility Management, Business Administration, Organizational Studies or similar.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in an international hightech industrial environment and within the Corporate Real Estate domain.
- At least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Native German speaker is preferable.
- Preferably experienced in working abroad and/or in multicultural teams.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strategic thinking & innovation.
- Judgement and informed decision making.
- Organizational sensitivity & influencing skills.
- Ownership & entrepreneurship.
- Drive results and decision-making processes.
- Managing complexity.
- Strong customer focus.
- Thinks and plans ahead.
- Capable to facilitate/stimulate (highly) skilled professionals.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Regional CRE team works with several key suppliers for its hard services and soft services. The key suppliers manage a range of the operational and tactical services. The Regional CRE team acts as (strategic) demand organization towards the expertise parties by providing the (output)specifications and to ensure that delivered solutions are in compliance with specifications, performance targets and ASML conditions.
The Regional Facility Manager is leading the Regional CRE team and translates future needs (demand) as well as relevant trends and developments into short- and long-term plans for the hard and soft services domain to be executed by the Regional CRE team. The Regional Facility Manager acts as the linking pin between the site management, business (es), (key) suppliers, the global CRE team and the Regional CRE team.
Other relevant organizational aspects:
The Regional CRE team is part of the global CRE matrix organization. The Regional CRE team is responsible for the management and execution of CRE responsibilities in the region in compliance with (global) standards.The Regional Facility Manager is part of the local site management team.
The Regional Facility Manager is positioned directly under management of the Global Head of Real Estate and Facility Management (future: will report to the Head of CRE Global Operations).
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.