You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00235427-775
Process Safety (Gas) Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. Within D&E, the Machine Conditioning (MC) cluster is specialized in flow and thermal domains.
The MC OCD Competence Center is responsible for four competences: Fluid Lay-out and Infrastructure Design, High Pressure Systems, Gas Safety and MC Pre-install.
Our mission is to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the Machine Conditioning Business Line-dedicated departments. We do this by driving commonality within the MC cluster at technical competence level. As competence engineer you will be the technical expert for Gas Safety. Collecting, developing and sharing knowledge with the community in the ASML organization, enabling the projects to secure gas safety in their design.
Role and responsibilities
Your responsibilities as competence engineer gas safety will be the following:
- Ensure correctness and clarity of available information.
- Actively share information with the gas safety community, via training, by answering questions and participating in reviews and risk assessments
- Development of new knowledge in response to requirements from the Functional Clusters and legislative bodies in our customers’ countries.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- 5-10 years+ experience within a gas safety role (ideally process safety expertise)
- Understanding of detailed gas safety knowledge. (explosive gas safety and asphyxiation)
- Broad gas system knowledge (Flow - Pressure relationships).
- Personal ability to understand and communicate gas safety knowledge and requirements effectively to a wider audience.
- Set gas safety system requirements based on legislative and safety requirements
- As a plus: Knowledge of HAZOP, experience of handling safety compliances, designing the routine checks and processes as well from Oil and Gas exploration setups.
- As a plus: Able to perform SIL calculations.
- As a plus: Understanding of Atex/IEC safety standards.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Good communications skills in our business language - English
- Stakeholder management experience as well as ability to lead and coach gas safety processes.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.