You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00234732-313
Business Process Analyst
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarter is in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The IT department in Wilton supports the local business units, especially the Operations Group and D&E as the largest local groups. Additionally, we support processes and applications that are used in the Customer Support and Finance organizations locally as well as distributed in the US. We work closely with other IT colleagues in the US and globally to provide a single point of contact for our local business partners whenever possible. We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Process Analyst to join our team in Wilton, CT.
Role and responsibilities
The Business Process Analyst is the primary IT point of contact working with their business partner to assess requirements and identify the best solution that will deliver sustainable results. Once approved, the solution will be crafted through process improvement, application configuration or a combination of methods in close collaboration with business partners and possibly, external service providers. The deliverable will typically include change management that requires clear communication, documentation and possibly training in order to deliver full value.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the capture of clear expectations and requirements between IT and the Business for all IT related demand.
- Serves as a contact for the business to advise/solve or direct IT issues for resolution.
- Manages escalation of project issues to the appropriate management staff.
- Administers and maintains service level agreements between IT and the Business.
- Facilitates the alignment of IT projects with business goals and objectives.
- Interacts with the supported business function to develop detailed understanding of user Information Technology needs.
- Confers with technical or functional experts at all levels, company-wide, to obtain requirements, develop solution proposals, and coordinate implementation.
- Proactively seeks opportunities that will support business goals and provide business users with alternatives that enhance business performance and efficiency.
- Evaluates user requests for enhancements and/or upgrading of highly complex business systems.
- Develops solution proposals and designs to meet customer requirements.
- Facilitates communications with business customer through all phases of this process.
- Provides general customer support for assigned business applications.
- Coordinates resolution of Enterprise Systems support issues for assigned business area with IT staff, suppliers and functional users.
- Actively develops, promotes and applies project management techniques to assigned work and activities.
- Actively surveys internal customers for feedback, and adjusts activities accordingly.
- Manages, sets priorities of, and successfully completes multiple projects and support issues concurrently with little or no supervision of the work group manager.
- Keeps current on new technologies by reading literature, attending conferences and seminars, taking classes, and participating in technical societies, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, IS&T Management, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of ideal degree.
- Experience with functional and technical aspects of major enterprise business systems such as SAP Applications or business intelligence analytical applications.Proficient understanding of the functional capabilities and configuration of broad areas of these applications is required.
- Requires thorough understanding of planning, analysis, and testing techniques required to support an enterprise business system.
- Experience in multiple functional business areas such as manufacturing, logistics, field service or sales and marketing.
- Requires understanding of capabilities, features, and limitations of system development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a consultative role to understand functional business processes, related information technology needs, and develop solutions and delivery proposals.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Office applications, collaboration tools, and effective use of e-mail and messaging systems.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.