You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
High Performance Computing (HPC) System Administrator (Wilton, CT or San Diego, CA)
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of the HPC System Administrator is to enable Design & Engineering (D&E) Simulation Engineers to be successful in developing new ASML machines and support our end customers. As an expert in your subsystem you will function as the technical interface between the D&E Engineers and the High performance and data analytics (HPDA) team.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Maintains and supports the system, deploys new infrastructure and works towards full automation of the operation and deployment of the HPC setup to support ASML business needs on the HPC infrastructure.
- Defines the HPC infrastructure maintenance and deployment automation roadmap and helps implementing this Roadmap.
- Forecasts and anticipates future needs/growth opportunities.
- Defines improvement proposals that focus on performance and stability for end-users.
- Gives support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the middleware, hardware infrastructure and computing applications.
- Helps HPC/HPDA users run their workloads.
- Manages day-to-day operations on the distributed storage system and HPC cluster.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Computer science related education will be a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with complex multi-system and Linux administration, including demonstrated experience in configuration, software installation, maintenance, package management, documentation, patching, as well as backup & recovery.
- Required familiarity with one or more HPC scheduling or workload management solutions (e.g., PBS, Slurm).
- Required familiarity with Infiniband Interconnect.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- 10 % of travel is required during a given year to US East and West Coast data centers.
- This position is located on-site either in Wilton or in San Diego offices.
- Hybrid work policy. But does requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.