You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Architect Drive Laser Tooling
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment?
Role and responsibilities
Your mission as an ASML Mechanical Architect is to think – conceptually and creatively.
Because we need people who can translate extremely exotic requirements into extremely feasible mechanical designs.
Creative thinking has always been essential at ASML. We make machines that are almost unimaginably complex, and work within incredibly minute tolerances. What’s more, their complexity is increasing and their tolerance margins are vanishing. That’s why we need Mechanical Architects who can conceive a globalview that answers all of these technical challenges. A view that, when detailed-out, will help realize a machine that meets all of the next wave of new requirements - and still be feasible to manufacture, transport, install and service.
The core mission of this job is to deliver mechanical/mechatronic architecture for manufacturing and servicing tooling for the source module. These architectures enable the optimal functionality and are cost effective.
The Drive Laser Tooling architect has the overview over the complete toolset for the Drive Laser module, and sets the technical direction for development of source-tools, this entails:
- Creation and investigation of mechanics/mechatronics concept design for tooling.
- Discuss with projects and sectors and supplier. Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Investigate manufacturability and serviceability. Creation of manufacturing and service flow leading to tooling concept. Validate with RAMS specifications.
- Validate concept on requirements regarding transportability and service at customer site.
- Definition of tooling volumes. Monitor that projects stay within agreed volumes. Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Knowledge transfer to production and other relevant groups.
- Contribute to system roadmaps.
- Coaching and training on the job of mechanical engineers in the team.
- Align with module Supplier on tooling approach, technology and program.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating new machine concepts or large complex modules – preferable experience with manufacturing and service tools for these large complex modules.
- Covering all aspects like layout, manufacturability, serviceability, transportability, install, performance, etc...
- Familiar with modern mechanical development tools like FEM, tolerance analysis, 6-sigma thinking.
- Basic knowledge of thermal management, and tooling in a cleanroom environment is a pre
- Familiar with NX (or other 3D design tool)
- Experience with outsourcing, supplier management and managing over company boundaries / inter-company stakeholder management.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking.
- Helicopter view.
- Effective communication with all levels and disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively with strategic suppliers.
- Clear and structured way of reporting.
- Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and with suppliers.
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be part of the MDEV Drive Laser team, and will work closely with the MDEV product owner, who is end-responsible for setting priorities (although delegation of those responsibilities is possible). You will support a set of project leaders / solution owners on tooling development. A travel % of 10-25% is part of this role, mostly within Europe.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.