You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Scrum Master (MC) - EUV SOURCE CO2 LASER
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you enjoy working in an enthusiastic, dynamic environment and have the capabilities to coach teams to innovative solutions through the AGILE/scrum/SAFe wow? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines together with a highly motivated team make you feel responsible and proud? Then we are looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
The machine conditioning group within the CO2 Laser development area is looking for a talented Scrum Master. As machine conditioning we are driving thermal-, fluid-, vacuum- and contamination control solutions in an multidisciplinary environment. As Scrum master you will be the coach and facilitator for the MC team. Next to training your team on Scrum practices, facilitating Scrum events and continuously stimulating your team to improve to highly autonomous yet highly aligned team, you will be responsible for the execution of the team planning ensuring a timely delivery of your team committed backlog items. You will report the status of the team PI objectives towards the ART and stakeholders.
Main responsibilities ·
- Guides the team to ensure timely delivery and how to get the most out of self-organization
- Leads, builds and facilitates the team to become high performing
- Creates transparency and alignment on team speed, quality of deliverables and happiness
- Removes impediments and facilitates the team in getting the work done
- Get involved in the technical details and decision making
- Coaches the team with handling dependencies and risks
- Provides analyses of current team rituals, evaluates bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in team rituals
- Develop ways to have a view on team velocity and planning/tracking together with the Product Owners
- Builds team and coaches team members to act as a team
- Acts as a leader and escalation level for the team
- Chairs and drives the rituals (scrum, sprint and program increment), ensures its disciplined execution, helping the team to understand why this is important
- Drives team level continuous improvement, i.e. challenges the team in view of the agile key performance parameters towards greater efficiency
- Ensures alignment with other Scrum Masters on dependencies
- Ensures focus and keeps the teams from getting distracted
- Ensures collaboration between scrum teams
- Eager to propose improvement to the wow on team and ART level.
- Timely delivery of the committed work items from the team's backlog
- Facilitation of the team rituals (planning, retrospective, demo, standups, refinement, etc.
- Report the status of the team’s Program Increment (PI) objectives, improvements and actions from the retrospectives
- Transparency on team performance (metrics), dependencies and risk status
- Impediment resolution and escalation
Education and experience
(Technical) University MSc. or similar. Agile + SAFe certified (scrum.org and/or SAFe®certifications)
- 2 - 5 years of work experience of which at least 1-2 years in a Scrum Master role in an agile environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices is mandatory, Scaling (SAFe) experience is strongly preferred.
- Good people manager skills - coaching, motivating individuals in developing a high performing team.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Take initiative / ownership to reach difficult goals.
- Strong self-propelling behavior
- Good stakeholders management skills
- Mature English communication and presentation skills
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Team building and facilitation, removing roadblocks and knows everything about scrum
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
As Machine conditioning cluster we invent, design, integrate, qualify and industrialize conditioning solutions in the area of thermal-, fluid-, vacuum- and contamination control. Specific for this application we do this in the source laser development area to deliver as a whole a high power CO2 laser required for EUV light generation to support our high productivity EUV scanners. This module generates the initial CO2 pulses, which need to be delivered on the right time with the right pulse shape to make EUV light efficiently when plasma is created with the interaction with a Sn droplet.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.