You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30 days ago - J-00239840-344
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location, we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation, you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
The Global Training Team - We enable the creation and advancement of tomorrow’s microchips. We train Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) lithography equipment service engineers on Cymer’s quickly evolving leading edge EUV light source sub-systems.To support the top semi-conductor companies (ASML customers) in the world with ensuring their systems are available 24/7, we train EUV light source principles, system functionality, and preventive and corrective service actions.We partner with our training colleagues in Veldhoven to design and develop performance based instructor and web-based training programs which incorporate the most relevant technical procedures and equipment recovery processes.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Global Training Team is a driving force in maximizing system performance and availability for ASML’s customers, paving the way to bringing smaller and faster microchips which enhance all electronic equipment utilized in everyday life.
Senior Trainers are hands-on experts on the vacuum vessel, heating and gas systems, and associated metrology which allow and monitor the production of EUV light.They are expected to directly support the ADDIE Instructional Systems Design model of curriculum development, then deliver performance based equipment training programs to culturally and technically diverse audiences from around the world.
Senior Trainers primarily works onsite in the San Diego training facility training their students while operating and maintaining EUV light source equipment.During a shift, they are expected to prepare their classrooms and students for learning, deliver classroom and lab
- Conducts onsite and remote training for ASML’s internal and external customers
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) defined in instructional development plans
- Examples include, but are not limited to: EUV Source Vessel, Plasma Qualification, Safety, and other training as required
- Uses vetted technical procedures as designed to suit system configuration needs
- Uses knowledge and performance testing and other evaluation methods to measure trainee progress and effectiveness of training
- Reports on progress of trainees during training periods.
- Represents department as a Criterion Referenced Instruction (CRI) and/or Performance Based Equipment Training (PBET) expert
- Participates in needs analysis to determine training needs
- Designs new product training; determines training delivery methods
- Develops instructor led training lessons
- Selects or develops teaching aids
- Manipulate graphics and video
- Create animation in MS Power Point
- Reviews and revises released product training for technical accuracy and relevance
- Provides input towards design of training to improve effectiveness
- Uses rapid development tools such as Articulate, Adobe, and Techsmith to develop interactive, computer-based, asynchronous training products
- Prepares storyboards and screen captures and audio/video recordings
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on training equipment and tools
- Worldwide travel up to 20% up to two weeks (continuous) at a time - Based out of San Diego
- Collaboratively Interacts and works in a team environment effectively and efficiently
- Must be able to support shift work; 24 hours x 7 day environment; any shift, any day
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
BS degree in Technology, Engineering or Physics
- Training credential in work force education, technical field and/or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in technical training
- Ability to deliver clear and effective technical instruction to a broad range of ESL audiences
- Demonstrated ability to determine and effectively report trainee performance opportunities
- Proficient in electronic, electrical, gas and/or mechanical engineering systems theory
- Capable of operating and maintaining electronic, optical and mechanical systems
- Ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to engineering specifications, technical procedures and other pertinent engineering documents
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Intermediate to advanced level arithmetic in the compilation and analysis of basic quantitative information
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through spoken, written and/or graphical formats
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional systems design
- Demonstrated ability to create story boards that reflect incremental information transfer
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems
- Must be able to work in a complex, fast paced, highly dynamic, collaborative and flexible environment
- Must be able to work in a multi-functional and multi-cultural environment
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines
- Must be able to work in cleanrooms were cleanroom and safety clothing/equipment are required
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only.A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.