You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00239610-430
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you gifted to manage and coordinate several projects at the same time? Do you like to work in a multi-disciplinary team? Do you like to advise an share your ideas about the best integral packaging solutions within a team? Do you like to be the first point of contact for your ASML colleagues and farm-out development parties? Do you like to work on packaging developments in order to protect the quality of parts, modules and tools during shipment and storage? Then the job Packaging coordinator might be the right match for you!
As a packaging coordinator you are working in the packaging team of the Handling and Transport Technology (HTT) department. The packaging team is responsible for relevant and suitable system, service and tool packaging, all in order to ensure the required quality of our modules and parts during shipment or storage. Packaging requests deviate from simple cardboard boxes up to complex constructions providing damping systems to protect the fragile parts of ASML. Packaging projects might focus both on new product introductions as well as on meeting sustaining goals like return for re-use of packings and redesign activities for existing packaging.
As packaging coordinator you are the spider in the web and the binding factor between the (internal) stakeholders at ASML and our co-developers, ensuring that the right packaging is defined and ready before first shipment!
Role and responsibilities
As packaging coordinator you are responsible to collect the list of requirements (packaging performance specification) for the product to be packed, which includes a packaging proposal. All of these requirements need to be well-substantiated and agreed upon cross-sectoral. The packaging developments are outsourced to an external party. As packaging coordinator your task is to coordinate the project from the first design review until the final implementation release for volume.
As packaging coordinator you'll:
- Determine and align on packaging requirements cross-sectional
- Monitor if all requirements are met
- Assure that the design complies with the H&T strategy
- Ensure that the required business processes are aligned cross sectoral and can be executed
- Act as the first point of contact for projects and co-developers
- Keep supervision of your individual (outsourced) projects
- Monitor and ensure the planning for each individual project
- Assure quality standards are met
- Be typically responsible for 15 to 25 projects
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following studies: mechanical engineering, industrial design, industrial engineering or management
There are no constraints on working experience. The following items are a plus:
- Broad technical knowledge and interest in mechanics, safety, ergonomics and logistics.
- Some years of experience and affinity with packaging
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary design teams
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues.
There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Communicative: make facts, ideas and/or opinions clear to others, by using clear and correct language, gestures and non-verbal communication. You are able to adapt the subject to the listener
- Organized: determine goals and priorities in an effective way. Plan and pro-actively monitor the necessary time, actions and action holders to achieve the goal
- Collaborative: contribute to a joint result through optimal coordination between one's own qualities and interests and those of a group or colleague
- Convincingly: convincing others to get approval for plans, concepts and/or proposals
- Decisive: dare to take decisions or actions, even when not all knowledge is available with regards to the consequences and/or alternatives
- Fluent English in word and in writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
When applying to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.