You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
27 days ago - J-00239717-483
Sr. Architect Physics and Algorithms – In-Device Metrology
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy to structure, empower and involve a team of excellent physics, algorithm, and SW engineers ? Are you energized by new product solutions at the interface of optics, SW, physics and deep algorithms ? Is solving customer problems for semiconductor metrology industry, with demanding time and accuracy requirements part of your drive?
Role and responsibilities
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products. The Business Line Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology. These solutions extend and improve the performance of lithography and patterning products for the semiconductor industry. This IDM-architect job opportunity is in the Process Window Detection department that focusses on the Semiconductor Metrology.
The Algorithm and Physical Modeling group covers the development of models and methods required to infer physical model parameters from optical scatterometry data, productized with the YieldStar product. Relevant new metrics, as well as new measurement functions, with optimum performance characteristics using the raw acquisitions are identified, designed and implemented. The group secures the ASML Competence of Applied Mathematics for Parameter Estimation.
You will be working on the following requirements;
- Lead the in-device metrology (IDM) project team, and structure team contributions while keeping the overview.
- Develop vision for the IDM product together with the team consisting of algorithm, SW and application engineers.
- Communicate crystal clearly on the concepts and team’s solutions to stakeholders in context, without omitting the essentials.
- Enable the team to come up with solutions for statistically correct parameter inference, machine learning and optimization algorithms, and system calibrations, which improve semiconductor metrology and enable control solutions.
- Design and realize fully functional proof-of-concept subsystems on the edge of system specifications, costs and project planning, thereby contributing directly to products for B2B customers world-wide.
- Consolidate technical-team identity in communication with other departments.
- Interfacing with the HW Sensing, Research and On-Product Applications groups, while developing the best metrology solutions and a well-founded vision on semiconductor metrology.
- Contribute to technical product roadmaps and generate intellectual property protecting ASML products.
- Working as an team with similar-minded people, benefitting from each other’s specific competences, and contributing to our enthusiasm and work pleasure.
Education and experience
Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Solid architect experience, and experience technically driving a team, preferably several years
- Proven leadership qualities, involving and empowering the team
- Ability to bring deep algorithms, physics, HW optics, and SW and code development together
- Ability to explain complex physical models and algorithms in a crisp way, without omitting the essentials
- Sound understanding of the fundamentals in algorithms, optical physics, technical budgeting and code development
- Drive creative solutions -within the bigger picture- with the product and customer in mind
- Decisive and self-initiating in an ambiguous environment, with a right balance of own vision and space for team members
- Ability to influence without power
- Pragmatic approach and pro-active attitude, with result focus and a ‘can do’ spirit
- Bridging and connecting personality
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.