You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
24 days ago - J-00240189-814
Development and Integration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Physics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you a bridge builder with a strong drive for technical excellence? Do you like solving problems, getting to the root cause and also possess the skills to work in an engineering team spanning two continents? Then a job as an engineer in the Satellite Team for ASML San Diego might be just what you are looking for.
Role and responsibilities
Being a global company, ASML has development and production sites on different parts of the globe. As Satellite Engineer, it is your job to bridge the gap in distance and time between theEUV Source development site in San Diego, California and the ASML headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. You will participate in D&E projects based in ASML San Diego, while working from the Netherlands. It will be your job to provide the project you support with eyes, ears, hands and a voice in Veldhoven.
In the ASML machine, tiny droplets of tin are fired upon by a high power laser, generating plasma which emits EUV light. To be successful in your role, you will need to be the expert in Veldhoven for the EUV Source function in your scope. Our group covers three main system functions: Tin droplet generation & positioning, plasma generation & controls, and tin vapor deposition &removal. You will be an ambassador towards Veldhoven based engineering teams that have critical interfaces with your team, as well as being the last line of defense for troubleshooting complex issues.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Represent the San Diego based design teams in Veldhoven
- Manage technical problems from internal and customer systems during office hours in Veldhoven
- Proactively provide feedback of improvement opportunities towards the core team in San Diego
- Support and execute integration of the technical roadmap
- Manage factory introduction of new products and functionality
- Train local support teams
- Support and execute structural development and functional design
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical field. Physics, mechatronics or related field is preferred.
- Experience working in a complex environment communicating across sectors
- Experience working with complex systems
- Data analytics skills (MATLAB is commonly used at ASML)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technically complex topics
- Intrinsically motivated to develop deep understanding of technical content and drive product improvements
- Persuasive and able to work independent
- Fluent in English
- Robust personality, able to make decisions under pressure and not afraid to have your ideas challenged
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The group D&E CT E SatelliteVeldhoven is part ofthe D&E organization in ASML San Diego, CymerTechnologies, but operating in the ASML headquarters in Veldhoven. Within the projects in our scope, several functions come together to generate EUV light for use in the EUV scanner. High level performance problems as well as more practical hands-onissues will surface. Both pragmatic as well as abstract thinking are required. You will be part of a multicultural team of about 8 engineers, led by a Project Lead and Architect. Positions are open in either of three teams, which together form the group D&E CT ESatellite Veldhoven: Tin droplet generation positioning, plasma generation & controls, and tin vapor deposition &removal. There is a nine hour time difference with San Diego so some flexibility for occasional alignment calls in the afternoon or early evening is required. To strengthen the connection to your colleagues in San Diego, you will be expected to travel to San Diego for 1 or 2 weeks at least 1x per year. You will be expected to be on weekend call-out every 6 to 7 weeks.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.