You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
17 days ago - J-00240337-568
Chief of Staff
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you aspire to have a crucial role in aligning Development and Engineering to the business heartbeat?
The D&E cluster provides you the opportunity to work directly with the Machine Conditioning (MC) Cluster Manager, business leaders and D&E managers to set the D&E agenda both on operational, tactical and strategic topics and coordinate the realization. This is your chance to experience firsthand how customer needs drive the daily work of our development organization. The stimulating and inspiring environment is ideal for the person that wants to understand the product development context to become a broader professional.
The newly introduced position MC Chief of Staff will support the MC Cluster Manager in Development and Engineering in managing the MC agenda, and the alignment with the contributing D&E clusters, the program organization and the operational sectors. In this role, you will not only be exposed to the strategic agenda of the D&E sector, but you will also play a pivotal role in realizing and optimizing the associated activities in the MC organization.
Role and responsibilities
As the MC Chief of Staff, you drive strategic and operational alignment between D&E central, MC cluster, the supporting sectors and the Business Lines.
You guide and challenge decision makers to make the good decisions, and you will be responsible to help driving an important part of the agenda of the Machine Conditioning cluster.
- Drive definition and implementation of MC strategy. Including:
- Deployment at department level (if support is required by DM)
- Management of the underlying breakthrough activities (some in person, others only monitoring or through participation)
- Communication (ensure each and every MC member is aware of the goals, activities and the results)
- Act as chief of staff by taking ownership of organizing (together with MSO):
- MC cluster staff
- MC Cluster Offsites an other events
- MC colloquia
- Live Events
- Cluster Review and Function Review meetings
- Streamlining communication and information flow within the cluster through management of the MC communication and organization structures:
- Ensure ownership and responsibilities are clearly defined and maintained within the clusters
- Cluster Level Meeting Charters
- SharePoint (including the associated communities)
- Ownership policies such as the “MC house rules”
- Manage the deployment structure of trainings
- Executing Organizational assessments and facilitation of reorganizations within the cluster
- Drive overarching business processes such as long term capabilities plans, strategic workforce planning, employer engagement surveys ([email protected]).
- Miscellaneous other MC, D&E and MSO activities (typically multiple ad-hoc during the year)
Education and experience
To qualify for this position, you need an academic degree (master or PhD level).
- 5-10 years of experience in Management or Project Management within ASML. Experience in the field of high-tech system development
- Familiar with staffing processes and quality initiatives
- Extensive experience in managing a difficult stakeholder landscape
- Preferably you have an extensive network in the D&E organization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are a networker. You coordinate alignment between high-level stakeholders and therefore have excellent communication skills and well-developed political antennas. You know how to influence without power
- You have an all-round profile: analytical, strategic, and especially motivational. You are pro-active self-starter who can change direction quickly based on new insights
- Leadership skills next to analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- You are quick to analyze the problem case at hand and know how to set priorities between different alternatives or deliverables
- You know how to problem-solve with a group of executive management stakeholders
- You use fact-based authority and highly advanced people skills to getintelligent colleagues on board
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The MC Chief of Staff is a new position within our D&E organization. The Chief of Staff reports to the MC Cluster Manager and is part of the MC management team. He acts as a ‘right hand’ to the Cluster Manager.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.