You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00240241-425
Front End Web Architect
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
We are Applications - a novel business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
Our scope is Big Data and how we can make best use of them to allow our customers to gain a deeper understanding into their vast datasets. We believe that data has a story to tell and a proper visualization is the means to achieve that. Are you writing software that tells a story in a user-friendly manner? Then this is the place to be!
Role and responsibilities
As a Front-end Web Architect, you will be at the core of our data visualizations activities. You have final responsibility for the front-end work of our data analytics platform, which means that together with the UI/UX designers and software developers you will work on translating data and information into interactive graphical representation. You will be a key driver in improving our platform to guarantee the best possible user experience.
You will be part of the Analytics and Visualization group. This group is responsible for design, implementation, testing and integration of (Big) Data Analytics Platform tailored for Wafer Fab application. The platform enables internal value stream teams to deliver features to our customers who operate semiconductor fabs. You will work in a fast-paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure.
- Define requirements and architectural decomposition that realizes requirements defined by our System Engineers. Capture those in clear and easy to understand documents, so that the teams can focus on detailed design, implementation and testing, instead of asking you clarifying questions.
- Review detailed designs and advise teams on improvements
- Create work breakdowns that lead to efficient execution that removes risks fast.
- Give high-level estimates for future work, and make sure that estimates you give are grounded in reality – check regularly with the teams & calibrate your intuition and estimation methods to help create predictable plans.
- Create and collaborate on creation of proofs-of-concept, to evaluate new technologies or design directions. Make decisions based on facts, not folklore.
- Dig into the codebase of your teams. Fix some issues. Refactor an interface. Experience the same tools, procedures & environments as the development teams do, so you can advise on how to make them better and more efficient. You need to be hands-on, not on the critical path of any project, but always digging deeper and improving the status quo.
- Collaborate with other architects so that our products and frameworks are consistent and well-engineered.
- Guard the consistency of technical realization of software within your area of responsibility. Make sure the software fulfils license obligations, is well-tested, with minimal technical debt, works well with CI/CD pipelines and is internally consistent.
Education and experience
Master Degree in computer science, software engineering, web design, or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of work experience as a Front-end web Developer, 3 of which ideally in an architectural position
- Knowledge or experience with micro frontend architecture
- Experience with Design System
- Experience with Data Visualization
- Experience with creation of web-based user interfaces
- Proven experience with React.js
- Experience with Git and Git workflow
- Experience with build tools and automation systems (e.g. npm, Webpack)
- Experience with unit testing (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Cypress)
- Experience with CSS frameworks
- Experience in solving complex design and usability problems and translating them into modern, elegant and simple web interfaces
- Experience with development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum
- Knowledge or experience with TypeScript
- Knowledge of Node.js is a plus
- Experience with responsive design
- Fluency in English
- First of all, you’re passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide;
- You’re analytical, and product- and quality-oriented;
- You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver;
- You’re open open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology;
- You’re an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work;
- You take ownership and you support your team - you’re the backbone of your group;
- You’re client and quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Demonstrable experience publishing business-oriented web applications (please include details of your portfolio, if applicable)
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.