You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
New Product Introduction Engineer - Mechatronics
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Mechatronics New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer within Development & Engineering, you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment. Using a combination of technical and personal skills, the NPI engineers develops and maintains a relationship with our suppliers to drive the industrialization efforts of the manufacturing process of mechanical components and parts. This individual works closely with the suppliers and ASML cross-sector development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project. The main goal of this cross sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Within the D&E organization, the Mechatronics NPI engineer is the primary person responsible for creating an optimal engineering collaboration between the mechanical suppliers and ASML, starting from early supplier involvement through product design and maturity. As part of the D&E project team, this individualworks closely with their suppliers to understand and leverage their technology and processes and integrate these processes into the ASML new product development projects to drive industrialization efforts.
NOTE: This is a technical position in a highly technical company and not a general Quality Assurance/Black Belt/Lean Manufacturing role. The ideal candidate has a combination of a strong technical/manufacturing expertise combined with a quality assurance background.
The main responsibilities are:
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of co-development and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that part quality, manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & co-developmentresponsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- Support and own new product introduction (NPI) and support early supplier selection and engagement.
Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the co-development product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification of complete & detailed parts qualification process.
- Acceptance of qualified parts.
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis.
- First article inspection.
- Business demands will require travel (~20% but could be more during escalation situations and with notice).
Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution.
- Qualification deviation.
- Configuration management.
- ASML factory disturbances.
Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits. The NPI eng is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
Education and experience
Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, (or similar), or equivalent experience.
- BS with minimum of 8 years work experience. MSc with minimum of 6 years work experience.
Based on the education level as outlined above, relevant work experience must have taken place as an experienced designer or process engineer who has gained experience in the areas of Quality systems and methodologies (Six Sigma Green or Black belt), as well as direct manufacturing and/or engineering experience including:
- Manufacturing techniques including 5 axis CNC machining, EDM, bonding and joining, materials, coatings, and precision measurement.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Precision mechanics, opto-mechanics, electro-mechanics, and laser modules.
- Technical improvement projects in supply chain operations.
- Value Engineering and cost-reduction projects.
- Working closely with suppliers on technical/manufacturing process development including mFLOW, pFMEA, SPC, RCA, etc.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong negotiation skills during interactions with suppliers and other ASML sectors. Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.