You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00239728-660
Technical Project Manager
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Tin Management department in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to deliver new-to-industry products supporting the commercialization of EUV technology by ASML.The Tin Management department is an inter-disciplinary group responsible for securing performance of EUV light source products at system level. The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on team, who will be engaged in operation of the source, defining and providing solutions to systematically drive the performance of existing and future EUV source products.
The Tin Management Project Lead will be responsible for coordinating the activities of engineers from a variety of disciplines engaged in designing heated modules in a hydrogen filled, vacuum pressure environment, resistant to liquid tin corrosion. The successful candidate will lead the work of a multidisciplinary team mastering complex engineering activities of significant technical depth related to multiple phases of the product development, including design, implementation, integration, validation, and test, problem solving and troubleshooting. The candidate shall ensure that all project results are successfully delivered on time and on budget. In addition, to be effective in the role candidates must possess interpersonal skills to cross functional boundaries and to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages multiple concurrent projects within the Tin Management department.
- Develops and maintain project plans and present progress against plans in all required forums.
- Collaborates with the functional manager and project architect to develop project roadmaps, improvement waterfalls, schedules, progress dashboards and risk assessments.
- Scopes ongoing and future projects to create and negotiate appropriate material and labor budget requests.
- Coordinates the development of basic design parameters and architecture to carry a design from the conceptual stage through implementation, test and deployment.
- Works closely with cross-functional groups (engineers and scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, upper management, marketing, external customers).Crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Assures Specifications and Designs are written, reviewed and delivered to proper teams in a timely manner. This includes operational procedures, and training materials.
- Analyzes and communicate customer needs and reconcile these with design teams, deliverables and management as appropriate.
- Delivers progress reports and presentations to upper management and internal / external customers as a primary project spokesperson
- Interacts with all partner teams and other project managers as primary spokesperson on relevant project/program issues.
- Works within loosely defined change parameters to accommodate needs of customer and adjacent organizations. Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within pre-defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Identifies required changes as flexibility is required. Manage and perform all project “change management” duties as appropriate to meet objectives in a very dynamic environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and experience
- Requires minimum of Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Controls Engineering, Physics or other related engineering or science field and a minimum of 4 years in technical development roles plus at least 5 years of experience in a project leadership or management role.
- Masters Degree in relevant field is a plus.
- Must have practical experience with project planning and successful track record of execution.
- Experience with lithographic systems a plus, experience with semiconductor capital equipment desired.
- Full understanding and ability to drive a product design from concept, through engineering development, integration, formal test, and into production.
- Ability to translate engineering tasking into manageable project data sets, analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of upstream and downstream relationships.
- Ability to take decisions for the team based on existing facts and organize team structure and scheduling to lead towards achieving the required goals
- Must have led engineering staff, and delivered a number of projects successfully with verifiable track record.
- Ability to work effectively across functional boundaries to build relationships with all areas in the company, to understand and reconcile higher level company and customer needs.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent analytical skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent inter-personal and customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to define and execute tasks based on project descriptions with minimum or no supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.