You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00240102-104
Technical Project Lead / Project Management (2nd Shift)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are seeking a Proto Integrator to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that tests and integrates our EUV systems for Development and Engineering (D&E). Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems.As the leader of a Machine Integration Team (MIT), your role as a Proto Integrator is key to building a better product though testing, issue identification and resolution, and finding potential design and process improvements.In this project management position you will have the opportunity to lead a team of dedicated EUV light source generalists as design validation, upgrades, and test activities are conducted, working to support the deliverables of individual project owners and in accordance to an approved high-level plan or agreed customer escalation.
Role and responsibilities
- Contributor for maintaining a safe work environment through review of proposed work, testing, and containment actions.
- Schedules validation and qualification tests, integration, R&D, and upgrades of EUV systems and their components.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Ensures assigned Machine Integration Team and other D&E resources capture and drive the identification, containment, and resolution of issues to ensure a quality product is delivered.
- Leverages available and assigned resources to proactively solve problems through troubleshooting.
- Drives the improvement of procedures and processes, both in San Diego Integration and ASML.
- Works with stakeholders from different departments and builds a strong communication network.
- Shift hours are 1400-0030, 2nd shift.May be assigned to work different shifts based on business need.
- Travel to customer sites as required to support product introduction or support local sites.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams using effective communication methods.
- Accountable for managing the system configuration using existing process and methodology.
- Supports post-mortem reviews on key developments and drives necessary changes into the PGP or other applicable process areas, such as build, operation, upgrades, and decommissioning processes.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- May provide in-depth reporting to management or internal and external customers.
- Provides input and plans for program related expenses to the Integration Project Lead for Program budget development and forecasting.
- Plans and drives preventive maintenance and upgrades of equipment as required supporting the program plans and maximizing system uptime.
- Creates reports, status updates, and presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering discipline or Physics.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong engineering, technical, and physics fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, organized, and resourceful.
- Ability to make decisions based on benefit, risk, time constraints, and opportunity.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying organized and detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, in verbal, written, and electronic format.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, SAP, and e-mail systems.
- Ability to lead and influence engineering teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term project goals and resources.
- Ability to work on the second shift hours.
- Knowledge of electronics, gas and vacuum, mechanical systems, lasers, optics, and controls.
- Knowledge of software planning tools such as Microsoft Project, SAP, or similar.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.
- Product development experience utilizing phase gate, milestones, or similar product development process guidelines.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.