You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00240592-060
Group Manager BL-EUV D&E Optical Column Industrialization
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers and partners, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
The optical column is the heart of the EUV system, a technological miracle. ASML’s EUV machines push Moore’s law forward, enabling new technology waves that improve everyone’s life. Optical column comprises of many optical modules which are needed to manipulate the light to print the right image at the wafer which eventually results into a chip. The department BL-EUV D&E Optical Column is responsible for the delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control and EUV light collection function of the EUV machines. The department develops, integrates and industrializes the technical solutions needed to realize ASML’s challenging product roadmap.
The Optical Column department consists of 170+ energetic employees from various technical and cultural backgrounds. We live the ASML core values Challenge, Care and Collaborate. We continuously develop ourselves and our colleagues such that we can use our full collective potential. Customer trust remains our top priority. We take full ownership of our technical solutions and execute with an intrapreneurial mindset.
Group manager of the group BL-EUV D&E OC E Industrialization. The holder of this position reports to the BL-EUV D&E Optical Column department manager.
Role and responsibilities
As manager of the group Optical Column Industrialization, you lead and manage a group of professional industrial engineers. You stimulate and facilitate the personal development of group members. You drive solutions that help ASML achieve its goals in the field of cycle time and availability and that enable the operational sectors to independently manufacture and service the optical column within agreed requirements. You achieve alignment with program management on staffing of EUV development projects, and (co-)develop the industrial engineering competence inside and outside the group. You stimulate the knowledge base and drive the RAMS roadmap for the functions represented by the group.
- Lead the group of ~18 FTE, coach and instruct the members: assign tasks, set priorities, solve problems and monitor resource budgets. Support group members in driving their own development through coaching, routines, goal setting and regular performance feedback conversations.
- Develop the industrial engineering competence by inventing and releasing new ways of working that help the engineer and/or operational sectors and by formalizing group’s best practices in new process descriptions, all in close collaboration with other industrialization groups within ASML.
- Ensure group adherence to industrialization standards by measuring and monitoring key safety and quality performance indicators.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of departmental policy and planning, including personnel, budgets, investments, resources and methods.
- Stimulate the product and customer mindset of the group members at the forefront of the technical development.
- Responsible for the planning and allocation of people to the various optical column related development projects, in cooperation with departmental leaders and project managers.
- Hire world-class group members to excel in project and product deliverables, particularly within the competence areas of the group.
- Ensure strong collaboration with the sectors to have their interests represented professionally within D&E and to be able to transfer the industrialization work smoothly at the relevant key decisions.
Education and experienceEducation
MSc or PhD degree in Technical Engineering, such as Physics, Optics, Mechatronics, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Relevant experience in leading a team of professionals within a multidisciplinary working environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong personal communicator
- Academic mindset with a pragmatic approach
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment
- Excellent/proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to build a strong group and to bring it to the next maturity level
- People management skills
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To be completed
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.