You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Lead Engineer - EUV High NA
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Lead Engineer in Mechanical development at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Role and responsibilities
As a lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of high precision mechanical modules, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers in your team. You interface cross project with Lead Engineers, architects and system engineers.
- Specify, design and test main frame constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for main frame constructions and service mechanisms.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Suppliers contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Education and experience
Technical University Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Excellent knowledge of design principles for precision mechanics and of designing on stiffness.
- Experience in the field of manufacturability of high precision mechanical parts
- Technical communication with suppliers.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Knowledge of machine directives.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out)
- Critical on results.
- Creative problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group frames and infra is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
The lead engineer reports to the group leader of frames and infra and is operational within projects.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.