You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00240806-015
Senior Product Application Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
As senior metrology application product engineer, your mission is to specify, design, realize and verify product design of e-beam based overlay metrology application.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology
Role and responsibilities
This role requires to work with system engineers and function architects to define the specifications of the application, like functionality and performance. Develop measurement algorithm by means of experiments, simulation and analysis of existing (customer) data.Implement and verify the algorithm prototypes with software (Python, MATLAB, C#, etc.)Realize new functionality by interacting with specialist software designers in the project team.Perform feasibility studies into required improvements.Troubleshoot issues in factory and customer sites.
As a senior or principal engineer, you will be responsible for the followings –
- Define requirements for new overlay (OVL) metrology application based on a scanning electron microscope.
- Deliver functional specification (EPS), test specification (TPS), design specification (EDS), qualification document (TAR) and other documentations for overlay metrology application related functionalities, including recipe optimization, image acquisition and processing, analytics and results reporting and review.
- Develop algorithm for SEM image processing, such as object detection.
- Develop image alignment methodologies (D2DB, D2D alignment).
- Develop techniques of enhancing image quality.
- Develop machine learning/deep learning based algorithms to argument application performance.
- Define and execute test plan of new overlay metrology application.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, electric engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or related areas.
- Minimal 2-3 years of research or hand-on development experience in image processing or related areas
- Minimal 2-3 years of hand-on experience in recipe optimization for SEM or its applications.
- Experience in machine learning/deep learning techniques are a plus
- Any knowledge in lithography, IC design and metrology is a good plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
May require travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs, up to 25-30%
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.