You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
23 days ago - J-00241144-178
Opto-mechanical designer Source Laser
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Would you like to understand and design a complex high power laser system? Eager to further develop your mechanical expertise and like to be challenged technically in a dynamic environment? If so, then the job of Opto-mechanical designer could be the perfect next step in your career.
Role and responsibilities
As Opto-mechanical design engineer you are part of a team of mechanical experts. In a project setting you collaborate with engineers of different technical disciplines and suppliers. You contribute to the development by creating and testing sub-systems:
- Specify and design the modules and/or functionality torealize the required performance.
- Uses state of the art design methods and constructionprinciples to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from atechnical and supply chain perspective.
- Drive the validation of the designs. Create requiredanalysis and contribute to the specification of tests and the design andrealization of test equipment.
- Support suppliers on prototypes
- Delivers the technical product documentation that isneeded to release the design for volume production.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanicalengineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a development andengineering organization with the realization of mechanical designs.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability ofmechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable NX).
- Knowledge of mechanical construction principles andgeometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Preference: Mechanical design principles for opticalelements
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Critical on results
- Creative thinking capability
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.