You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
26 days ago - J-00241175-144
Sourcing & Supply Chain – Sourcing Lead
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
This is an outstanding opportunity in our San Jose, CA facility to join our Sourcing & Supply Chain team. In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers. You will be expected to continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitors developments and trends within the supply base and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addenda
- Monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts
- Monitors supplier financial health
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent
- Executes the QLTC (supplier performance measurement) process
- Prepares for, leads, and follows-up from SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) meetings
- Drives supply base rationalization within the commodity
- Initiates and drives closure on supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) and Non-Conformances
- Participates in supplier quality audits and drives closure of findings
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration,Engineering or related field is required or equivalent experience a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment.
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred. Due to the strategic nature of the commodities involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally required.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
- MBA is strongly preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Negotiation skills are critical.
- Candidate needs to be able to operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job.
- Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm. Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of Oracle/SAP is a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.