You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Freight Infrastructure Transportation Lead
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Would you like to run the show and use your analytical and people skills to improve ASML's transportation infrastructure? Do you get challenged by managing and driving decision making processes together with your stakeholders? Then do apply for this position.
The Senior Freight Infrastructure Transportation Lead is responsible for analyzing trends in the transportation infrastructure and formulating and/or implementing changes to improve the trends. Improvements may be related to process optimization, delivery performance management, quality, Transportation Management System (TMS) and cost. This position is responsible to align the business needs with the transportation infrastructure and make sure this can be executed by the freight operations team.
A flawless distribution network is key for a smooth supply chain. Fast and flexible transportation networks, differentiated warehousing solutions and complex value-added services are some characteristics of our landscape. Different requirements towards our supply-chain due to development of our systems, the number of upgrades of systems on customer sites and the need for differentiated service level agreements drive the need for a flexible 3PL network. Hence the Infrastructure team is responsible to manage and develop the supply chain/distribution infrastructure in line with business requirements and against aligned norms. Focused on the rapid developments a team of highly educated professionals drives the supply chain infrastructure towards 2021 based on market intelligence, innovations, business needs, 3PL performance and process analytics.
Role and responsibilities
- You will analyze transportation management information, identify improvement areas and support initiatives to drive improvements (Operational and cost improvements).
- You will have ownership (validation, development, improvement and documentation) of transportation related processes, including operational and customs related processes.
- You will work with internal stakeholders, business analysts and 3PL’s (Third Party Logistics Service Providers) to ensure data and process alignment.
- You will provide first line support to the freight operations team.
- You will support Request for information/Request for quotation data analysis.
- You will lead assigned transportation management related projects.
- Keep updated the master data needed for transport management system projects, carriers, and shipping locations. Assigned region.
Education and experience
- Relevant MSC, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's degree will be considered if work experience is a right match.
- 5-10 years Supply Chain experience with a background in Transportation.
- Proven knowledge of the transportation market.
- Proven track record in a large international company with direct exposure to processes development and implementation.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good negotiator.
- Good at getting things done with a wide variety of stakeholders in different cultures.
- You are analytical and process focused.
- Ability to keep an eye on details while keeping overview.
- Structured approach in problem solving.
- Proactive attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.