You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
5 days ago - J-00240789-205
System Install Engineer - Based in Leixlip, Ireland
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
In this position you manage and execute the mechanical installation of DUV (XT – NXT) machines and complex field upgrades and activities, enabling the field teams to unlock the potential of ASML products for our customers.
Role and responsibilities
- As an ASML System Install Engineer you will be an ASML ambassador at customer sites across the globe.
- Execute hardware installation and perform system setup for complex upgrade packages, Installs, Relocations, difficult field swaps, and life time extension packages.
- Your “can-do, will-do” attitude will enable you - together with a team of ASML engineers - to overcome whatever obstacles get in your way.
- Provide feedback to improve cycle time and performance, utilize the zero error repeat concept during upgrade preparations and executions, and perform post upgrade recovery and analysis.
- You are expected to have a general knowledge of lithography machines.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to the (re) installation or upgrade hardware installation in close cooperation with a generalist and coordinator.
- Maintain and improve personal upgrades, install & relocation skills and general engineering knowledge to ensure the majority of the problems can be solved without escalation.
- This position will require international travel (between 50 and 60%) to the field offices worldwide for upgrades, installs, relocations, support and self-development training in the factory or other ASML locations.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Computer Science.
- Experience in a customer support department for high tech products. Photo-lithography, Electro-Mechanical or Ultra Clean Vacuum is an advantage.
- Engineers with 1-2 years semiconductor experience or ASML systems experience are preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Open to cultural differences
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible
- Good technical skills, analytical skills, and hands-on skills
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to work in diverse and challenging environments
- Team player who is committed to the success of ASML
- Proficient in the English language, both verbal and written
- Good flexibility and strong ownership
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Flexibility to travel on short notice to ASML locations (Taiwan, Israel, South Korea, China, Japan, America, Europe), with a travel duration up to six weeks.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.