You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field application engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Data science, Physics
Introduction to the job
ASML Holding NV (ASML) is a worldwide leading supplier of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, designing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. Brion Technologies is a subsidiary of ASML. It is the key player in computational lithography for integrated circuit Lithography-Driven Design and Manufacturing™. Brion's Tachyon™ platform, a highly accurate and ultra-fast OPC and OPC verification system, enables a unique set of capabilities that address the interrelated challenges of design, photomask making, and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, Brion leads the worldwide market for OPC verification, and is rapidly expanding in the OPC and entering the metrology market.
Role and responsibilities
You will work at a partner site, IMEC, located in Leuven, Brussels area in Belgium. IMEC is a cutting edge semiconductor RnD research institute in Europe, with which ASML has built a strong collaboration for more than 30 years. In addition to contribution to leading edge lithography and patterning, this position provides exposure to the whole semiconductor design and manufacturing ecosystem. In this context, your role will be tosupport and contribute to feasibility studies on new products, work with development teams on data software qualification and on advanced process development. In addition to collaborating with IMEC teams you will also interact with a wide variety of ASML colleagues as part of a worldwide team (Europe, USA, The Netherlands, China).
- Participating in IMEC-ASML joint projects: interacting with product engineering and lithography teams within ASML, developing strong technical relationship with IMEC and ASML colleagues, implementing experiments to validate solutions from ASML.
- Participating and building collaboration with other partners on projects of interest for ASML.
- Providing computational lithography solutions for IMEC advanced technology node development: conducting onsite training for IMEC users, coordinating and driving technical guidance to the users, interacting with IMEC computational lithography, imaging and process teams.
- Bringing technical requirements or technical issues to members of Product Engineering Group and/or R&D team.
- Using and supporting at IMEC Tachyon computational lithography products: OPC (mask correction), LMC (manufacturability check), FEM+ (modeling), D4C (overlay), SMO (source mask optimization) and/or MXP (metrology).
- Developing automation for data analysis, computational lithography flow.
- Requesting/collecting experimental data in IMEC cleanroom (SEM, overlay).
- Travel: about twice a year for 1-2 weeks to California (trainings, meetings).
- We can provide extensive training on the job (computational lithography, process).
Education and experience
- Masters/PhD in Computer or Physical Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering.
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, shell scripting, Perl, TCL).
- Experience with lithography (process, tool), etch or RET flow.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with metrology tools (e-beam and optical) is a plus.
- Experience with CAD / OPC tools is a plus.
- Experience with cleanroom work is a plus.
- Data analysis (JMP, Minitab, R, Python) is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good organization skills, ability to work effectively with other teams, people from other fields.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures.
- Willing to learn.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.