You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00240626-338
Junior Supply Chain Manager
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by managing strategic suppliers with regard to supply chain management, capacity planning and cycle time reduction towards competitive Supply Chain performance?
The Jr. Supply Chain Manager (SCM) is ASML’s logistics interface to its supply base and responsible for material availability for ASML factories. In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. The Jr. SCM addresses potential bottlenecks and supply risks before they impact our customers. The Jr. SCM must handle the increased complexity of the ASML’s light source while reducing cost of ownership for customers. To do this, the Jr. SCM works with strategic suppliers to continuously reduce cycle times, secure capacity & increase flexibility and develop supply chain performance of suppliers. Driving supplier development in these areas ensures Cymer’s supply base keeps pace with technological developments and can adapt to changing market conditions.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Needs to have explicit experience working with supply/supplier versus demand management or purchasing/negotiation
- Manage strategic suppliers towards competitive supply chain performance
- Manage all logistics aspects in the Supplier Account Team together with the Souring Lead (commercial aspects) and the Supply Quality Engineer (quality and technical aspects)
- Drive Cycle Time Reduction projects at suppliers
- Plan, align and control the required capacity, buffers and flexibility at our strategic suppliers
- Optimize output of the supply chain (n-tier) to meet ASML demand and demand changes
- Continuously monitor supply chain risks & action plans to mitigate/improve
- Implementation of the ASML supply chain planning roadmap at suppliers
- Escalation management to solve structural bottlenecks in the supply chain
- Execute logistic audits at new, strategic or critical suppliers
- Identify and implement internal logistics process improvements
Education and experience
- MSc/BSc in Supply Chain / Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Business Administration.
- Typically has min 5 years of direct work experience; of which a minimum of 3 years working experience with complex supply chain processes in manufacturing (Industry and/or Consultancy)
- Experience with a business-to-business (high-tech, low-volume) environment
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in project management
- Well versed in New Product Introduction processes
- Proven track record in building and maintaining strategic relations with suppliers
- Experienced in completing and presenting effective PowerPoint presentations to senior management
- Proficiency with MRP software (SAP or Oracle) is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Self-starter with strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable to make deep-dive analyses whilst maintaining top-level overview regarding problem & solutions
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship at this time.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.