You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
People Analytics Expert - Workforce Planning
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
At ASML, we recognize that our people are what makes our organization outstanding. To that end, we place importance on deeply understanding our current and future workforce. As people analytics expert - workforce planning, you play a key role in creating workforce scenarios to proactively meet ASML’s growth ambitions.
Your insights are the basis for our talent management solutions, like attraction, development and internal mobility.
Role and responsibilities
Your key responsibility is to identify which technical skills and competencies are essential to ASML’s long-term success. Using a data-driven approach, you investigate the capabilities of our current workforce and identify possible skills gaps. By conducting labor market studies, you identify areas at risk and support the decision making process on attracting and developing talent. At ASML, these activities are summarized as ‘strategic competence resourcing’.
You’ll report to the global manager of the HR Talent Acquisition – Methods & Insights team. The team consists of
4 members and is responsible for: (1) providing decision support to strategic recruitment and HR programs, (2) enabling ASML’s operational recruitment teams worldwide to attract suitable talent, and (3) designing and improving ASML’s global candidate-facing recruitment systems.
As people analytics expert - workforce planning, you’ll:
- Work with leaders within the business and HR to define, maintain and refresh a framework of ASML’s most strategic competences and roles. You will translate these roles and competences (e.g. optics, mechatronics, materials science) into measurable skills and traits;
- Contribute to the translation of long-term manpower demand into necessary competences and roles (both in absolute numbers and by seniority levels);
- Identify and map out talent pools within ASML and on the external labor market using tools such as LinkedIn, Workday and Gartner Talent Neuron;
- Influence staffing and resourcing strategies by executing feasibility studies, creating scenarios, and providing recommendations on how to mitigate talent gaps. When can labor market dependencies be mitigated through internal mobility or training/reskilling of part of the workforce? When is external hiring of graduates, professionals and/or early talent engagement a solution to attract the best candidates? ;
- Monitor and report out to business and HR leaders on status and impact of mitigation strategies, executed by operational teams within Talent Acquisition and Employer Branding Communications;
- Contribute to ASML’s initiatives on strategic workforce planning, in collaboration with HR colleagues from People Development, Organizational Development and Talent Acquisition.
As member of the HR Talent Acquisition – Methods & Insights team, you’ll dedicate 20-40% of your time to other topics than ‘strategic competence resourcing’, e.g. using a combination of internal and external data to generate data-driven insights about ASML’s workforce and providing decision support to projects and programs within Talent Acquisition and/or HR. You contribute to further professionalizing decision support within Talent Acquisition.
Education and Experiene
As people analytics expert - workforce planning, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as engineering, (data) science, HR, or social studies;
- At least 2 years of ASML experience or similar global high-tech environment;
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering, strategy, consulting, people analytics, HR or related roles.
Working at the intersection between talent acquisition, HR and people analytics, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead,
you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills. You listen well, including to what’s not being said. You ask probing questions to get to the heart of the matter. You are able to substantiate and explain difficult material well;
- Ability to manage stakeholders and work in a consultative capacity with senior leadership;
- Ability to effectively work independently and as a part of a team;
- Flexible, open-minded, pro-active, and able to work in a challenging, dynamic environment;
- Affinity with technical competencies and skills is preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.