You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00240987-329
Quality Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton CT (US) is seeking a Quality Engineer to join the factory quality team here in Wilton Connecticut. The QE team is part of the Quality department within the Operational Excellence and Wilton Operations organization. This person will work to support defect prevention and variability reduction programs , structured problem solving and other quality improvement initiatives on new and existing products. These products include optical, opto-mechanical, opto-electronic, electronic, mechanical and mechatronic systems, sub-systems and components.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
This is an outstanding opportunity in our Wilton, Connecticut facility to join our Quality Team. In this position you will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Executes and supports Variability reduction programs like SPC working with senior QE team.
- Facilitates SPC projects teams consisting of Production Engineers, Manufacturing, D+E for implementation of statistical process control in various modules and manufacturing processes for variability reduction.
- Provides basic statistical analysis for Critical to Quality process parameters.
- Performs measurement system analysis and gauge studies
- Develops appropriate software method for data collection into SPC database tool.
- Supports PE/Mfg teams with structured problem solving for factory related quality issues.
- Occasional travel to Europe, Asia, and within the US depending on business need.
Education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Optical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years experience in quality engineering, statistical process control, MSA and other defect prevention tools in a hi-tech manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and application of structured problem solving, variation reduction and improvement methodologies like 8D and Lean Six Sigma.
- Creation of Visual Basic SW for data collection purposes
- Challenges status quo in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Agile and adapting in approach when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple project tasks.
- Proactive mindset.
- Effective meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Ability to assess effective root cause and corrective action.
- Project management skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.