You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Test Engineer (various shifts)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. Our San Diego-based light source division, Cymer, is renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
We are seeking Test Engineers to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that tests and integrates our EUV systems for Development and Engineering. Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems. In this hands-on position you will have the opportunity work with all of these components and become a system expert. You will be the key to building a better product though testing, issue identification and resolution, and finding potential improvements.
- Performs tests, integration, R&D, upgrades, and qualification of EUV systems and their components.
- Aligns and maintains sensitive optics and high power lasers.
- Uses advanced HW and SW to operate, diagnose, and characterize functionality and performance.
- Gathers, correlates, interprets, and presents data.
- Solves problems through troubleshooting and leveraging available resources.
- Captures and drives the resolution of issues to ensure a quality product.
- Drives the improvement of procedures and processes.
- Works with stakeholders from different departments and builds a strong communication network.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- Travel to customer sites as required to support product introduction or support local sites
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working hours:
1st shift 0800-1700, (can alternately be compressed work week including weekend, 0700-1900).
2nd shift 1600-0100
3rd shift 0000-0900
Shift assignment may change based on business need.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience. Exceptional recent college graduates considered.
- Strong engineering, technical, and physics fundamentals.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Self-motivated, inquisitive, and resourceful.
Ability to make decisions based on benefit, risk, time constraints, and opportunity.
Ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying organized and detailed oriented.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.