You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241129-360
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the jobWithin ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the development of the ASML products. The department MC Source & Apps is charged with specifying, analyzing, designing and testing Fluid and Thermal sub-systems and control solutions. The group Tin Architecture is concerned with the temperature stability control of critical machine parts of the source, heat removal, global thermal stability of the system, and also the flow design. Goal is to provide a thermally stable machine environment therewith supporting the advancing performance and throughput specifications of our tools.
Position in the organization
The holder of the position reports to the groupleader Tin Architecture and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
To contribute to the development of products bydesigning, creating, testing and analyzing (sub-) systems within therestrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Role and responsibilities
- Contributing to the thermal control of a module or sub system deduced from high level performance requirements.
- Specifies, analyzes and supports the design, and tests modules in order to control temperature levels and temperature stability in the machine.
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of architecture or subsystem
- Translate these specifications into conceptual designs and act as counterpart and guidance during the 3D design process
- Comes up with tests and performs tests to verify the specifications.
- Is responsible for the proper documentation of specifications, supporting calculations, tests plans and results.
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Troubleshoot issues related to the architecture or subsystem, or the larger Flow & Temperature domain inside the tools
Education and experienceEducation level Technical University masters inapplied physics or mechanical engineering.
Experience Solid theoretical and experimental experience in thefield of heat and mass transfer.Familiarwith product development in a concurrent designing process. At least 5 yearsof working experience is a strong preference.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.