You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241609-629
D&E EUV Projection –Architect / lead designer Optics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
Are you looking for a challenge to specify, design, test, integrate and troubleshoot a state-of-the-art optical module? Then you will enjoy this position in the EUV optical column projection team. You will be part of the EUV projection group responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
Role and responsibilities
As optics architect / lead designer in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification and troubleshooting of the mirror heating solutions in the projection modules in the EUV scanners. You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a project team.
Besides the technical aspects of the design also has aspects related to costs, reliability, availability and serviceability. Your responsibility is to take ownership of the technical scope of a project and drive the deliverables towards completion. This includes documentation, specification, qualification & integration as well as supporting and setting direction in issue handling and supporting customer specific requests. In order to fulfill this role, you need to align with the multi-disciplinary teams in the project on technical aspects, scope, planning and progress. Also, you need to collaborate with different competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML and external suppliers like Zeiss. Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills, you will work closely together with the project team and interfacing projects and sectors.
- You are part of a team of engineers and architects who work together on mirror heating solutions in the projection modules. You take technical ownership on deliverables which needs to be developed for complex optical projection modules. If required, you will lead a multi-disciplinary project team on technical aspects as well. The job consists of:
- Acquiring knowledge on the mechanisms related to mirror heating in the projection optics and the link to the optical and imaging performance of the entire system.
- Define the scope, architecture and functional requirements of the optical projection module based on the high level system and module requirements.
- Technically lead the deliverables in the product development, define the functional architecture and set direction for the various solutions in the EUV projection modules.
- Translating the performance requirements into technical designs supported by multi-disciplinary specifications as input for detailed designs.
- Aligning the requirements and specifications with various sectors such as system engineering, program management, factory and customer support.
- Contribute, in a team, to the development of mirror heating solutions for the EUV projection modules, which a mixture of hardware and software developments.
- Specify, design, support implementation, qualify and integrate new mirror heating functionality
- Build a relationship and closely work together with our main development partners and suppliers.
- Contribute to troubleshoot and solving issues, escalations and customer specific requests. This involves analyzing data, connecting the results to physical phenomena such as lens heating and steer towards the proper solution directions.
Education and experience
MSc or PhD in engineering or physics with knowledge of optical systems.
Experience with development of complex optical modules in a multi-disciplinary environment is needed. Experience with thermal conditioning, optics lifetime and mathematical optimization techniques is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability totranslate performance specifications into technical solutions for anoptical module.
- Affinity withworking a multidisciplinary environment related to complex systems.
- Affinity with thermal,metrology, mechatronic, mechanical, electronic and software disciplines.
- Affinity with bothhardware aspects such as fiber optics or laser systems and softwareaspects such as modeling.
- Ability to think ona functional level and in design details.
- Ability tointegrate, test and troubleshoot functions on module or system level.
- Excellentcommunicational skills.
- Ability to switchbetween complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to conveythese in an understandable fashion.
- Team player withability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization andtowards suppliers.
- Self-propelling,showing initiative and drive, pragmatic attitude.
- Flexible, resultdriven and committed.
- Strong analyticalskills and drive for quality.
- Good practice ofMATLAB / programming is highly recommended.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control, and EUV light collection functions for the EUV machines. The department develops technical solutions, means and methods and competences to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.