You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241868-683
Team Leader 1st Shift - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Team Leader 1nd Shift will be responsible for the safe shipment of outbound material produced by ASML Manufacturing using established procedures. This position will also be responsible for interacting with other departments such as Manufacturing, Logistics, FTZ/Customs, Customer Support and D+E.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitor and oversee both outgoing and incoming shipping activities to make sure that everything that is received or shipped out is in perfect condition.
- Support the received goods and supplies for use and/or storage-record all discrepancies.
- Support the shipment of goods produced-including packing, weights/measures and labeling.
- Monitor for and report damaged/defective materials (or questionable) to Supervisor.
- Manage 1st shift team and work with Shipping supervisor to ensure accurate daily shipments.
- Carry out regular inventory reconciliation of supplied materials.
- Inspect loading operations to make sure that they comply with shipping specifications.
- Adhere to all FTZ regulations.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition (5s+1).
- Adhere to all safety regulations and make recommendations.
- Required to operate company equipment such as hand truck, hoists, trolley’s, fork truck.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
Education and experience
- High School, or equivalent experience.
- 3 yrs Supervisory experience.
- A higher degree would be added advantage.
- General computer proficiencies.
- SAP, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word a plus.
- Must possess good leadership and supervisory abilities.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels within the organization and outside.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed record keeping.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Role within the Factory
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Must be willing to work a compressed work week schedule – twelve-hour long shift and rotating from three to four days a week.
- This must include references to day and night shifts for accommodation purposes.
Additional responsibilities for Wilton Factory:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
- Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.