You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241704-498
Knowledge Management Specialist
In a nutshell
Austin - TX, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Knowledge Manager will be responsible for fostering a culture of collaboration and best practice sharing through a comprehensive approach to knowledge management. The approach should effectively transform enterprise knowledge into repeatable ideas, products, processes, and solutions that create value for ASML.
This position will be responsible for the company’s knowledge, collaboration, and learning capabilities. It is a strategic position that guides the organization with leading approaches to accelerate the transfer of knowledge to ASML CS new hires. The main function of the knowledge sharing position would be to help champion the US CS new hire program, so that the organization's know-how, information and experience is shared from the first days of working at ASML. This role will also play a key role in keeping our training, support, communities, and professional services teams aligned on information needed to deliver a great customer experience.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, with the ability to development practices, processes, and written materials and who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
At ASML, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, global inclusion and corporate social responsibility-to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Devise and drive organization-wide approach to knowledge management that includes the people, process, programs, and technology needed to achieve near terms improvements in productivity and organizational leverage while advancing the long-term ASML strategy.
- Build the knowledge database and ensure the accessibility, quality, and relevancy of knowledge base assets.
- Develop knowledge, collaboration and learning strategies with executive leadership that actively advance development and accelerate performance for employees.
- Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities.
- Using industry standard Knowledge Management principles and practices, gather and publish baseline information for Improvement Initiatives.
- Assist in the creation and use of a focus group that will be used in developing a definition of “critical function” within ASML.
- Facilitate the development and dissemination of critical new frameworks, tools, and approaches for creating customer value.
- Conduct regular reviews of the knowledge management programs and tools and lead change programs and renewal efforts as needed.
- Interface with the Learning Management System.
- Manage the scope of select courseware to internal audiences, to achieve established learning goals.
- Manage all social collaborations environments, including oversight of the design, development, maintenance, management, and sustainability to achieve desired collaboration goals.
- Engage internal customers and serve as an ambassador to promote learning, knowledge and collaboration strategies to accomplish desired goals, while soliciting feedback and collecting future needs.
- Implement and sustain strategies to improve the storage and retrieval of information required on a recurring basis, and enable the reuseof this information leveraging tools such as SharePoint, network drive, and InfoPath.
- Provide ongoing management of assigned ASML SharePoint sites/sub sites to promote efficient and effective business process and communications.
- Analytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment: analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
- Influencing and resolving differences across organizational boundaries: Gaining support and commitment from others even without formal authority; resolving differences by determining needs and forging solutions that benefit all parties; promotes collaboration and facilitating teamwork.
- Leads and delivers complex projects including establishing a global, virtual team and building relevant networks.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of industry work experience including working with knowledge management subject matter.
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience of managing projects or teams involving geographically dispersed professionals.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of the Lithography industry.
- 5+ years of experience in an ASML field office.
- Understanding of the use of social tools in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to coordinate the creation of custom databases and systems to manage knowledge.
- Experience leading transformational knowledge management initiatives.
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to establish effective partnerships within and/or outside the organization.
- Ability to engage with various internal and external audiences in a welcoming manner.
- Confident, credible and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment and to work effectively in a global environment.
- Ability to collaborate and drive program results with a diverse, at-times voluntary team and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Motivated, reliable self-starter.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Highly flexible nature; able to adapt in a fast-moving environment while maintaining an extremely high level of organization.
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with ability to interact with all levels of management, business leaders, clients and technology stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus at senior levels.
- Lead communication activities in support of knowledge, learning and collaboration goals, including plan development, implementation and measurement.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in layman's language; ability to generate enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates sensitivity for cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to display a range of communication approaches for diverse community needs.
- Shows great drive and commitment to the organization's mission.
- Inspires others and maintains high standards of personal integrity.
- Establishes straightforward, productive relationships; treating all individuals with fairness and respect.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player.
- Ability to engage with various internal and external audiences in a welcoming manner.
- Drive for Results: Makes things happen; is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing".
- Sets high standards for self and commits to organizational goals.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. May require occasional domestic and international travel 15% of the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.