You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241729-517
Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technicianenables the success and uninterrupted output of manufacturing operations. High focus on uptime of manufacturing test equipment and tooling. Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
The hours for this role are Saturday - Monday and every other Friday, 7am - 7pm.
- Ability to use standardized tools and electronic measuring equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment) to install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- May train others on test processes and troubleshooting.
- Performs a variety of moderate technical service/support duties, complex in nature, requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- May utilize functional area databases to run reports and analyze/ trend data and make recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Determines or recommends methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other Manufacturing, Assembly, or Manufacturing Engineering personnel.
- Works with management to enforce safety and security procedures.
- Qualified to effectively perform maintenance on high purity vacuum and gas, oil delivery, and pneumatic systems.
- Proficient in determining the nature of a production problem; evaluate resources; coordinate with available personnel to achieve a desirable outcome, while assigned as the on-call mechanic.
- Familiarity with PLC logic and automated control systems.
- Capable of accurately and efficiently entering all data related to assigned tasks into a Computerized Maintenance Management Software.
- Ensure a timely response, repair and solution to equipment related issues, and take action to solve problems, when they are encountered, by teaming with other organizations/ individuals to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Comply and enforce company’s/ OSHA’s Lock-out Tag-out procedures and all pertinent safety instructions, fully understanding Safety Data Sheets and OSHA’s Hazard Communication System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
None assigned at this time.
Education and experience
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in related field (semi-conductor preferred).
- Requires demonstrated skill in manufacturing small parts and assembly in class 10/100 clean room.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA’s Lock-out Tag-out procedures.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Highly skilled user of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, leak detectors, chart recorders and electro/ mechanical tools); may be viewed as the “go to” person for answering technical questions.
- Understands most product technical terminology and specifications for a major group of related products/ services and functional areas.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-shift environment.
- Capability to work in a team environment.
- Extensive knowledge of high purity vacuum systems preferred.
- Flexibility to work off shift hours to support company requirements and fill-in, as required, in other departments.
- Competency to give feedback and corrective criticism to peers and supported customers.
- Ability to read and understand business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret technical schematics, mechanical drawings and procedures.
- Applies knowledge of Cymer policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Can work overtime, weekends, and holidays, on a regular basis, and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can work under deadlines.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. workers only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. The Company will not sponsor a foreign national for this position
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.