You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Leader - Facilities
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Facility management, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Leads, coordinates and executes the planning, design and reconfiguration infrastructure of equipment, buildings, cleanroom, labs, and other facility spaces. Leads, gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Leads and coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent professional level experience with 7+ years related experience.
- Experience working in design engineering and project management facilities related projects.
- Knowledge and experience in working in, and maintaining ISO5 & 6 cleanroom grade laboratories.
- Solid understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems including process piping.
- Solid understanding in construction processes, coordination and sequence of work.
- Ability to manage facility projects such as factory equipment, new construction, infrastructure upgrades, and office/lab development.
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, AutoCAD.
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop Statements of Work to meet those requirements.
- Experience with Building Management Systems or equipment controls experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with reviewing and applying Federal, state, and local safety regulations.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with multitask ability.
- Technical aptitude and ability to explain technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Analytical problem solving – ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately, and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based applications.
- Strong project management skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Leadership skills.
- Closing skills.
- Key decision making.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Must be able to apply hand manipulation for hand controls, and perform grasping and wrist/forearm rotation.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- May be required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to use breathing apparatus.
- Schedule may vary considerably to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours based on business needs.
- May be assigned a compressed or alternate work schedule to meet customer needs.
- May be assigned an "on call" type work schedule and may be required to respond to customers with little or no advance notice.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (Liquid Nitrogen).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.