You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241545-565
Research Technician Metrology
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Role and responsibilities
ASML Research is looking for a Laboratory Technician / Engineer with experience in performing complex experiments and perform basic data analysis.
•Support design and construction of new lab tools for metrology solutions, including automation aspects.
•Support the teams in organizational tasks and interaction with people outside the team:
o Interface with Facility Management
o Safety department
•As part of the team of Research Technicians, you are responsible for lab organization (5S+1) and safety.
•Operate and improve existing (optical) metrology test tools.
•Lab automation (Lab View).
•Some data analysis.
Education and experience
• MBO/HBO Technical study, for example, Physics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
• Experience 3 to 10 years in a lab setting
• Background in component level electronics & board development.
• Background in the use oftest & measurement systems.
• Experience with software and/or hardware design of laboratory setups
• Knowledge about detectors and electronics for optical setups is a definite advantage.
• Experience with FPGAs and FPGA programming.
• Knowledge ofHW and SW integration.
• Knowledge of any programming language such as Matlab, Python, C, C++, or C# is good to have.
• Experience in Labview.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Affinity for hands-on work.
• Willing to work at a test bench & in a cleanroom environment.
• Ability to interface & manage internal as well as external suppliers.
• Enthusiastic in generating new ideas & possibilities with a team of researchers.
• Likes to work in a cleanroom lab.
• Communicative, analytical, team player.
• Critical, continuous improvement.
• Open to learn new (and custom) measurement techniques.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group lead Light Sources & Plasma Physics in the Research Department. Operational activities are within multidisciplinary research projects related to Pellicle and Scanner Lifetime.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.