You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242111-908
Industrial Engineer for EUV Collection
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Is it your strength to define crystal clear production and service processes and do you want to be involved in the proto and pilot phase of new developments? Do you understand complex machine software processes with many inter-module dependencies and people behavior in sophisticated manufacturing and service environments? Are you able to influence product design and drive ASML’s system availability, reliability and cycle time? Then the job of Industrial Engineer for EUV Collection might be just the one for you!
ASML’s TWINSCAN NXE platform is the industry’s first production platform for extreme ultraviolet lithography. The NXE step-and-scan systems use EUV light, generated by a tin-based plasma source, to enable her customers to continue Moore’s law by manufacturing integrated circuits on an ever smaller scale. Collection is the functionality of this system that takes care of collecting the EUV light from the light source and converting it to the required intensity distribution and position at the scanner entrance, while minimizing the non-EUV light as much as possible.
Role and responsibilities
As an Industrial Engineer for EUV Collection in the BL-EUV D&E Optical Column department, you will be operating in a multi-disciplinary environment as a member of the Industrialization group and as part of the EUV Collection project.
In this job you will mainly focus on four areas. You will:
- Be responsible for the implementation and optimization of new software functionalities that are related to the Collection function within the step-and-scan system.
- Deliver the work preparation and service mix which is needed for respectively the workers in the EUV factory and field service engineers at the customer sites, to be able to effectuate, optimize, qualify, diagnose and recover Collection functionalities.
- Maintain the alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets with System Engineering, architects, the EUV Factory and Customer Support, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are necessary to bring the final performance in line with the agreed budgets.
- Ensure that the requirements on manufacturability and serviceability are properly documented, and successfully implemented in the product designs and associated manufacturing and service processes.
You will be the focal point between the Development & Engineering, EUV Factory and Customer Support sectors. You will ensure optimal production and servicing of ASML’s latest EUV lithography system for the Collection function. You will do this by ensuring that industrialization requirements, such as cycle time and availability are properly taken into account in the designs of new software solutions.
Your activities will be, among other things:
- Define, realize and optimize the production and service processes for EUV Collection, and point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements, all in close cooperation with surrounded departments, such as the EUV Factory and Customer Support.
- Write and verify the procedures for the factory and field service engineers.
- Provide effective troubleshoot documentation, such as Out of Control Action Plans (OCAPs), Problem Cause Solutions (PCSs) and Deterministic Diagnostic Flows (DDFs).
- Identify and work out diagnostics improvements for the factory and field service engineers to improve their troubleshoot capabilities.
- Develop performance dashboards that help identify performance issues more easily and enable the team to take timely action.
- Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and product improvements.
- Maintain alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are needed to bring these important drivers within budget.
- Transfer knowledge to factory and field service engineers.
- Provide support (hands-on, if applicable) for factory and customer issues.
- Manage customer escalations and ensure timely resolution.
Education and experience
MSc degree in Technical Engineering, such as Physics, Optics, Mechatronics, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production and service processes.
- ASML experience with manufacturing, service and/or integration activities is an advantage.
- Familiar with product development in a concurrent engineering environment.
- Strong affinity with complex software processes in high-tech equipment.
- Good understanding of Design for Diagnostics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Real team player, and when needed, able to work independently
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English
- Initiative; take steps proactively to improve processes and products, and to prevent issues
- Results oriented; drive the realization of agreed industrialization deliverables on time
- Quality minded; deliver work of high quality that is in line with the industrialization standards
- Leadership; drive the implementation of structural solutions that bring cycle time and availability within spec
- Recognizes opportunities and threats; taking own initiative immediately
- Ability to take a helicopter view and to put oneself in the position of the customer
- Eager and get-it-done mentality
- Committed and flexible attitude
- Familiar with escalation management
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Incidental traveling to ASML’s customers in Asia or the US might be required in this role.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The BL-EUV D&E Optical Column department is part of the EUV business line of ASML. Its task is to specify, develop, integrate and industrialize the optical column of the EUV lithography machine in specification, time and budget. The holder of this position reports to the group manager of the Industrialization group, which is part of the above-mentioned Optical Column department.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.