You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Competence Engineer Control Software Release at Customer Support
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the jobDo you know how to secure the quality of our patterning control software that we rollout to the field? And what our field engineers need to successfully implement the new features and fixes towards our customers? If so then this role of Competence Engineer Control Software release at CS is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The central CS organization (mainly in the Netherlands) takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
The CS Competence Engineer (CS CE) for Control Software is part of the of the natural team “Software rollout & performance”. The CS CE for Control Software takes care of validating quality and rolling out solutions for multiple Patterning Control software releases (LIS server, setup, analytics, LDP and OTAS) to our customers in the field (CS Apps field teams). You will work for the CS Apps Patterning Control Software PL and report to the group lead of the MPC Service Engineering team.
Role and responsibilities
You are the technical interface for Patterning Control Software between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven with Development & Engineering (D&E) System Test & Integration (STI) as main counterpart. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the main contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (e.g. release notes, install instruction, interface delta documents) and sharing knowledge.
You will secure quality of the new software by reviewing alpha test results, understanding of possible dependencies with other SW releases and risks for backwards incompatibility, creating a beta test plan in collaboration with domain experts, coordinating the beta test and preparing go/no-go decision for customer patch release. You identify and drive improvements of the release cycle by setting up and continuously improving the release process.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
During every Software release cycle:
Identify and drive Software solutions
- Interface with Project Leaders in CS on SW deliverables
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level
Validate Software quality
- Validate impact/risks for customers/CS of alpha test results
- Understand possible dependencies with other SW releases
- Assess risks for backwards incompatibility
- Create beta test plan for new control software release, via CS Apps engineers
- Coordinate and report on beta test
- Drive go/no go decision for customer patch release and create overall bTPS with input from CS Apps engineers.
Rollout Software solutions to the field
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization- inform local teams
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer
- Prepare & monitor the Control software field roll-out
Structural support & improvement
- Secure interface and dependencies to software from other platforms: scanners (DUV/EUV), Yieldstar.
- Initiate and drive structural improvements (examples: test coverage including virtual fab, communication to the field, like backwards (in)compatibilities, setup and drive KPI’s)
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and
- Knowledge Transfer presentations
- Support on SW related escalations and drive for improvements to prevent/reduce impact
- Build & maintain technical expertise for SW competence
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree in relevant technical science (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering) or equivalent experience is desired.
- You have 3 years or more work experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- SW testing competence and/or relevant work experience in one or more relevant work domains at ASML like Development & Engineering or Customer Service is considered a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Remain persistent: I have a clear picture of the outcome in my mind. When setbacks occur, I search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. I stay on course and am persistent in achieving goals.I am flexible in ways how to achieve my goal.
- Meet customers’ expectations: I set high quality standards for myself and others. I actively specify and validate customer expectations. I make sure that I understand why they have these expectations. I take necessary actions and define alternatives to ensure quality under changing circumstances.
- Adjust interaction style: I respect and show interest in different cultures from curiosity and mutual understanding. I do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust my style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams or people from other cultures. When working abroad I show willingness to use habits of other cultures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.