You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241983-744
Competence Engineer Metrology Software Release at Customer Support
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you know how to secure the quality of the metrology software that we rollout to our Yieldstar systems in the field? And what our field engineers need to successfully implement the new features and fixes towards our customers? If so then this role of Competence Engineer Metrology Software at CS is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The central CS organization (mainly in the Netherlands) takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
The Competency Engineer (CE) for Metrology Software is part of the natural team “Software rollout & performance” for YieldStar (=ASML Metrology tool). This person takes care of driving solutions, validating quality and rolling out solutions for metrology software to our customers in the field (CS YieldStar field organization). You will work for the CS Metrology Software PL and report to the group lead of the MPC PL & Engineering team.
Role and responsibilities
You are the technical interface for the software competence between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E) and Manufacturing. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (e.g. release notes, install instruction, interface delta documents) and sharing knowledge.
Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
During every Software release cycle (every cycle is managed as a project)
Identify and drive Software solutions
- Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers
- Interface with Project Leaders in CS on SW deliverables
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level
Validate Software quality
- Validate impact/risks for CS of alpha test results
- Prepare YieldStar software beta test, agree with local sites/customers
- Execute and wrap-up the YieldStar software field beta test
Rollout Software solutions to the field
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization- inform local teams
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer
- Prepare & monitor the YieldStar software field roll-out
Structural support & improvement
- Initiate and drive improvement projects (examples: improve documentation to increase local team autonomy, setup communication structure)
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer presentations
- Support on SW related escalations and drive for improvements to prevent/reduce impact
- Build & maintain technical expertise for SW competence
Education and experience
Bachelor/Master degree in relevant technical science (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering) or equivalent experience is desired.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in an ASML engineering or customer support role. Knowledge of ASML YieldStar software on a specialized technical level is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Remain persistent: I have a clear picture of the outcome in my mind. When setbacks occur, I search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. I stay on course and am persistent in achieving goals.
- Meet customers’ expectations: I set high quality standards for myself and others. I actively specify and validate customer expectations. I make sure that I understand way they have these expectations. I take necessary actions and define alternatives to ensure quality under changing circumstances.
- Adjust interaction style: I respect and show interest in different cultures from curiosity and mutual understanding. I do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust my style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams or people from other cultures. When working abroad I show willingness to use habits of other cultures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Willingness to travel internationally up to 10%
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.