You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software Release - Competence Engineer at Customer Support
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
As the Customer Support (CS) Competence Engineer for Control Software Release you are the technical interface for Patterning Control Software between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven with Development & Engineering (D&E) System Test & Integration (STI) as main counterpart. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base. This involves validating quality and rolling out solutions for multiple Patterning Control software releases (LIS server, setup, analytics, LDP and OTAS).
Role and responsibilities
In your role as CS Competence Engineer for Control Software release you are the main contact for engineers in the field for questions and follow-up of structural issues. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (e.g. release notes, install instruction, interface delta documents) and sharing knowledge.
You will secure quality of the new software by reviewing alpha test results, understanding of possible dependencies with other SW releases and risks for backwards incompatibility, creating a beta test plan in collaboration with domain experts, coordinating the beta test and preparing go/no-go decision for customer patch release. You identify and drive improvements of the release cycle by setting up and continuously improving the release process. Some of your main responsibilities include:
- Validate Software quality;
- Create beta test plans for new control software release, via CS Apps engineers;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities;
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer;
- Interface with Project Leaders in CS on SW deliverables;
- Prepare & monitor the Control software field roll-out;
- Rollout Software solutions to the field.
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree in relevant technical science (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering) or equivalent experience is desired;
- You have 3 years or more work experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes;
- SW testing competence and/or relevant work experience in one or more relevant work domains at ASML like Development & Engineering or Customer Service is considered a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Remain persistent: Ability to picture the intended outcome, search for opportunities to learn and stay focused on overcoming setbacks to achieve your goals;
- Flexible mindset: Adjust to coordinating and collaborating on different projects with different stakeholders involved, taking the necessary actions to define alternatives to ensure quality under changing circumstances;
- Customer focused: Understanding customer needs and expectations and being able to manage these expectations through validation and specification;
- Adjust interaction style: Ability to work effectively in intercultural teams, displaying respect and interest in order to gain mutual understanding. This includes being able to adjust your communication style accordingly.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will work for the CS Apps Patterning Control Software PL and report to the group lead of the MPC Service Engineering team.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R.730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.