You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242450-121
Analyst - Environmental Sustainability D&E
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML committed to be net-zero in 2040. To achieve this goal, we have to ensure that our product specifications and designs incorporate the impact of energy consumption, CO2 footprint, and product stewardship (e.g. prevent the use of harmful materials in our designs) over the entire lifecycle of our products. A massive undertaking to instill this mindset in a >10000 employee R&D organization, embed in our product development processes, technical product documentation, etc.
We are looking for a hands-on analyst for our central sustainability competence team that has knowledge and proven experience on best practices, tools and methodologies to understand the environmental impact of designs over the entire lifecycle, and allow for good decision making among multiple design choices. You will help making the first analysis on product level to build deeper understanding of our total impact. Next to this you will execute the first experiments with our design & engineering teams to build understanding on how to do this, and later transfer into the entire organization. You are a colleague that is intrinsically motivated to share that knowledge and help the entire R&D organization to utilize these best practices, tools and methodologies
The ambition is that our R&D organization is for the majority of the work self-sufficient in embedding environmental aspects in our designs. This will be a multi-year effort, after which the core team will keep track on latest developments in and outside ASML and support the R&D teams with complex cases.
As an analyst you will be part of the Development & engineering organization. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics and Electronics specify, design and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competences or functions in ASML equipment.
Role and responsibilities
You will be fundamental in execution our environmental sustainability strategy, as you will:
- Execute analysis and make breakdowns to understand our impact on product level
- Support our design and engineering teams with your in-depth knowledge on the most complex cases
- Start experiments with design & engineering teams to understand the impact on detailed level and learn what is needed for teams to make the right design choices with environmental aspects in mind
- Define guidance and requirements for our designs that shall be taken along in the product design
- Train and Coach the R&D colleagues on best practices, methods and techniques so they acquire and use your knowledge to become self sufficient in taking along the environmental impact into their designs
- Keep an eye for developments outside ASML in your field of expertise, and translate this into initiatives/experiments to learn for use within ASML
Education and experience
- Preferred educational background in sustainability with subsequent >2 years work experience
- Or an educational background in a technical field with 2-5 years work experience on sustainability in a high-tech environment
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Affinity for technology
- Analytical skills
- Eye for detail
- Skilled in methodologies and tools (for example Life Cycle Impact Analysis)
- Highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and a good communicator, being able to talk the engineer language
- Trainer and presentation skills to coach and train your colleagues in the R&D community
- Can-do mentality
- Interest to work in a high complex environment
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To be completed
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.