You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242446-120
Manager Environmental Sustainability D&E
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML committed to be net-zero in 2040. To achieve this goal, we have to ensure that our product specifications and designs incorporate the impact of energy consumption, CO2 footprint, and product stewardship over the entire lifecycle of our products. A massive undertaking to instill this mindset in a >10000 employee R&D organization, embed in our product development processes, technical product documentation, etc.
We are looking for a manager that will lead, define and execute this transition in the R&D organization. Someone that has built expertise at other high tech R&D and integration organisations and can utilize this knowledge to shorten our learning curve and successfully help the organization to embed environmental sustainability at ASML R&D. You will lead both a team, and the required initiatives to make this a success.
You will tackle this assignment in close collaboration with the senior management team of R&D, as well as our corporate ESG team. Together you will define the path forward and drive the execution. You will recruit a centralised core team that consists of technical architect(s), project leads, subject matter experts and analysists to start and learn from experiments, support the organization with latest knowhow on methods and techniques, develop design and engineering requirements and embed these in our processes. With this core team you will support all D&E departments to make the transition to embed environmental sustainability fully in our designs.
The ambition is that our R&D organization is for the majority of the work self-sufficient in embedding environmental sustainability in our designs. This will be a multi-year effort, after which the core team will keep track on latest developments in and outside ASML and support the R&D teams with complex cases.
As a manager you will be part of the Development & engineering organization. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of ASML products.
In this sector, departments such as Mechatronics, Mechanics and Electronics specify, design and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competences or functions in ASML equipment.
Role and responsibilities
It is your responsibility to build a small core team that will lead, define, and support the organization in the execution of this transition. This brief sentence implies that you will be able to:
- Internally and externally recruit people to extend and built a high performing team
- Built and mature a competence in your team and transition this into the entire R&D organization in order to achieve self-sufficiency for the majority of the work
- Apply learnings from previous jobs on change management in a complex and dynamic organization
- Define and lead programs to execute on the strategy
- Define goals jointly with the management teams and support the R&D organization in delivering results
Education and experience
- Preferred masters degree in the technical field
- At least 10 years of experience with environmental sustainability in a complex (industrial) environment
- At least 10 years of experience as Program/Manager with a proven track record to manage in a complex environment
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Affinity fortechnology
- Highlymotivated, enthusiast, flexible and a good communicator
- Strongstakeholder management, able to align opposite objectives
- Strong inbuilding collaboration with many stakeholders
- Projectmanagement (planning, result oriented, manage resources, risks, etc)
- Canbalance ‘taking ownership’ with ‘supporting the organisation’
- Interestto work in a complex environment
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.