You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
25 days ago - J-00241303-115
Project Lead, NPI
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The sector, Customer Support (CS), is responsible for the requirements input, preparation for introduction, the implementation, and profitable maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations.Within CS the New Product Introduction (NPI) department the Project Lead drives competencies and sectors to complete deliverables needed for the introduction of new technologies and methods into the ASML worldwide service organization.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Project Lead performs technical and non-technical project management activities at the Cluster/Project level for the development, introduction, and improvements of Semi-conductor manufacturing equipment into the field.The Project Lead will be managing changes within the ASML Customer Support Organization on Extreme Ultra Violet (EUV) light sources.
- Position represents Customer Support organization within the Functional Cluster Team(s) or Project(s) collaborating with cross-sector team members in support of the product development, improving the maturity of our technology/product, and establishing service capability of the EUV light source used in ASML’s scanners.
- The CS NPI Project Lead reports directly to the CS NPI Director and lead team members in matrix environment and takes ownership of and is responsible for the creation new product introduction plans and improvements on specific product or sub-system of the product.
- This position will lead multiple projects within the Cluster and operate independently depending on project assignments in alignment with the Development Program Priorities and CS Sector business needs.
- The EUV source is a sub-system of the ASML EUV Scanner with technology sub-systems broken out into Functional Clusters. The EUV source is a complex and cutting edge technology being adopted by the customer base (chipmakers).
- The resource will drive introduction preparation and execution of activities and deliverables to achieve CS readiness for high volume production of wafer at customer sites.
- The CS NPI Lead will lead projects through ASML processes alongside the development team to achieve success at the customer sites.
- The CS NPI Project Lead will coordinate cross-functional team meetings consisting of Training, Global Support, Upgrade Execution, Service Engineering, and the remote Customer Sites Managers/Team to achieve ASML’s business goals.
- The assignment will cover broad scope projects touching on variety of technologies from electro-mechanical hardware, vacuum systems, software, automation, algorithms, physics, and other complex engineering disciplines.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Disciplines; preferred (Mechanical, Controls,Electrical Engineering or Physics Degrees).
- At least 2 years of relevant, work related Project Management experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant work related experienced in a technology based industry relevant work experience.
- 10 years Semi-conductor industry experience or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with product development phases and validation and field readiness deliverables.
- Experience working alongside a technical team and influencing technical solutions.
- Experience leading teams and participating as team member in a matrix organization, managing non-direct reports.
- Experienced with using applications supporting communication and planning.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities. Ability to prioritize and escalate.
- PCCSTRAIM/8D methodology, issue resolution methodology, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), and product quality measurements.
- Able to evaluate data and make conclusions, and strong problem solving skills.
- Able review technical documents and enrich quality of engineering documentation.
- Interfacing with high level management internally and with customers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist,reach, and stretch.
- The employee is – frequently required to move around the campus and will work is an Activity Based Working (ABW) environment
- Able to travel internationally, without restrictions, on short notice , on flights up to 14 hours, travel durations of +20 hours.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information and documents
- Can learn and apply new information or skills, and adapt to new roles/assignments
- Able to work at computer station for several hours at a time, from home or office as required
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room and hazards associated with that environment
- Ability to support internal and customer meeting at off hours and weekends
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.