You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241283-131
Senior Compliance Officer US
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is seeking a Senior Compliance Officer US (“US SCO”) to be part of its worldwide Legal team, who will drive implementation of the Global Ethics & Compliance program within the US, including establishing, embedding and enforcing elements of the program, with a goal to enhance the compliance mindset and maturity of the regional organization, and ensure that ASML continues to operate with the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct.
The US SCO will report to the Head of Ethics, Compliance & Employment Law US (“US HEC”) to serve as a trusted partner and advisor to US Business Leader’s, Sectors/Functions, HR, US Management Team, and Compliance Owners. The US SCO will work with, and assist, the US HEC to drive implementation of ASML’s US Ethics & Compliance program within the US Region, including (a) establishing and perpetuating a “tone at the top” at the country level that reflects ASML’s commitment to compliance, (b) embedding a culture of high performance with integrity at all levels in the US organization, and (c) enabling and driving compliant and ethical business conduct through the effective implementation of the Ethics & Compliance program in the US.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Implement ASML’s US Legal Compliance & Ethics programs including developing, maintaining and/or enhancing corporate compliance programs and initiatives, including policies, standards, procedures, and trainings on key risk areas.
- Stay abreast of the evolving regulatory landscape and guidance along with industry leading practices in all areas relevant to ASML business and operations.
- Continually providing guidance and education to management and Compliance Owners on relevant topics, legal updates, trending risk areas, challenges and major initiatives.
- Investigate suspected ethics and compliance incidents and violations of law, policy or ASML’s Code of Conduct.
- Review and analyze third party due diligence, and implement controls and monitoring for ethical conduct by third parties acting for or on behalf of ASML or other business partners.
- Conduct, guide, and participate in compliance and ethical risk assessments; develop and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Working closely with related functions and stakeholders, build and execute continued controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor and support Compliance Owners to establish and execute their compliance programs.
Education and experience
- At least 10+ years of experience as an audit or compliance professional.
- Previous compliance or ethics manager or officer of experience.
- Substantive knowledge of and ability to provide guidance on key compliance risk areas, such as ethics, anti-corruption and anti-bribery, and other critical areas.
- Ability to quickly develop business acumen and learn the business processes, applications, and technologies.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills, mature business judgment, and innovative thinking.
- Ability to translate complex legal issues and ambiguity into concise, clear and practical advice and to communicate effectively with non-legal internal partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate with, and gain the respect of, co-workers and stakeholders at all levels and functions of the company.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded and adaptable.
- Committed to client satisfaction through focus on efficiency, prioritization, quality and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads, pressure and deadlines.
- Possesses integrity and ethics in business, professional and personal conduct.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position reports to the Senior Legal Counsel(Employment Law) and is based in Chandler, Arizona. The position requiresonsite presence to attend in-person trainings, meetings and events and tofurther ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement (up to two days aweek) may be available, subject to manager approval.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.