You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
(Senior) Manager Start-up Partnerships
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Part of the role of ASML Government and External Affairs dept. is supporting the start-/scale-up community to help cultivate and sustain a successful high-tech innovation ecosystem. The purpose is to provide stimulating and innovative growth opportunities to address complex societal challenges by using the existing competences and expertise of ASML’s and other regional organizations. Main objectives are: (i) organizing in-kind support for young tech ventures, (ii) collaborating with deep-tech venture capital funds and (iii) attract, develop and sustain relevant tech talent for our region as a whole.
Role and responsibilities
As (Senior) Manager Start-up Partnerships you are involved in various activities aimed to strengthen our innovation ecosystem. This includes, amongst others, managing partnerships with high-tech start- and scaleup support organizations such as HighTechXL and MakeNextPlatform. You will be interfacing with a wide competence-network within ASML, as well as with external partners and organizations like high-tech companies, governments, universities, investors and entrepreneurs that are relevant to help execute ASML’s strategy on Innovation Ecosystem.
In this role you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You coordinateexternal help requests from selected tech ventures, organize appropriate in-kindexpertise support by interfacing with the relevant point of contact withinthe ASML organization and manage the involvement of ASML experts thatcontribute to supporting activities towards these ventures
- You closelycooperate with the daily operations of relevant support platforms (such asHighTechXL andMakeNextPlatform) andattend review sessions to monitor and secure adequate progress of startupventures during the support programs
- You collaboratewith ASML HR to help organizing (ASML) talent development programs as partof high-tech venture support activities
- Youparticipate in meetings, consultations and discussions with other relevantexternal parties such as companies, governments, universities, investorsand entrepreneurs, to help secure ASML’s interest and ambition regardingits innovation ecosystem strategy
- You monitoringprogress and health of our ecosystem and help develop and provide inputfor relevant KPI’s for monitoring and in-/external reporting purposes
Education and experience
- MSc in physics, electrical engineering or mechanics, combined with an MBA (or similar professional experience and background)
- Youhave ≥10 years of working experience in the high-tech manufacturing industry
- Youare experienced in managing strategic partnerships and alliances
- Youhave a good understanding of ASML’s technical content and its ecosystem, havinga wide ASML-internal network is a strong advice
- You havea proven affinity with working with tech start- and scale-ups
- Knowledge and understanding of the market /development in the Brainposrt area are a must
Functional competences and skills:
- Self-starting,independent and capable multi-tasking manager with a technical andbusiness minded background that
- Shows affectionfor high-tech and likes working with young innovative companies
- Ableto represent ASML in the execution of joint collaboration programs withother regional partners and OEM’s
- Ableto appreciate and manage high visibility and complex multidisciplinary projects,also taking into account potential barriers to realize the long-term plan.
Leadership and behavioral competencies and skills:
- Possessesa solid presence and a natural authority
- Ableto use your strongly developed diplomatic and negotiation skills toinfluence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from anon-hierarchical position
- Self-driven,proactive, structured and conscientious
- Has verbaland written communication skills, excellent both in Dutch and English and isable to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically
- Youpersonify the ASML values, especially reliability and integrity
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Internal:you interact with all ASML business domains that potentially contribute theexecution of ASML’s strategy on Innovation Ecosystem. Relevant in thiscontext are D&E, System Engineering, Research, Sourcing, Marketing, Legal,Corporate IP, HR, Corp. Com. and Finance.
External:you will engage with partners relevant for achieving ASML’s innovationecosystem objectives, such as other companies, universities, governments,investors and entrepreneurs.
Interested in this role? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.