You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242606-219
Vacuum System Design Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the jobAre responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a robust design and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
In the position of Designer Engineer, you are responsible for the conceptualization, detailed design and technical product documentation (drawings and other required documents for manufacturing) of Flow and Thermal (sub-)modules. Our objective is that you will become one of the technical leads for Flow and Thermal designs of ASML’s lithography tools!
Role and responsibilities
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a Flow and Thermal design that meets the agreed requirements. Design qualification and proving that the design is working as intended during the specification phase is another important responsibility. The Design Engineer generally reports to the Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) of the project. He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the sub-function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team sizes vary from a few FTE to more than twenty FTE’s, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
- 3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering Change(s) using Siemens Team Center.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for modules and sub-modules.
- Creation and validation of new concepts: steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews.
- Give input (design effort) for planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Solve issues: propose solution and implementation plan.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability (via Supply Quality Engineer).
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Education and experience
Education: Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- 2 to 8years of experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts.
- Technical communication with suppliers.
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings (preferable UG/NX).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Machine Conditioning (MC), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the Flow and Thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.