You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242738-319
Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
As an Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various electrical concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect.
The concepts and products we mainly focus on are cables, racks, cabinets, passive interconnections PCBA and visualizing this into schematics.
Role and responsibilities
The Electrical Connectivity Design Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Get clear design requirements by interfacing/aligning with electrical architects, other CDE designers from other projects
- Define, document and maintain designs of the electrical modules and electrical infrastructure to guarantee the design quality(safety, EMC) and compliance to international standards
- Create and maintain electrical technical drawings/schematics of electrical modules and infrastructure (Functional overview, High level block diagram, Detailed wiring diagrams, cable overview, bundle overview)
- Able to support, and if applicable drive, the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Provide technical inputs to manufacturers of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
- Track and maintain the progress and issues of proto build of electrical modules and infrastructure by getting involved with supplier quality engineers and suppliers/manufacturers
- Assure good quality by early involvement with electrical modules built and onsite qualification at suppliers/manufacturers during proto build
- Assure good quality by qualifying of first article electrical modules and infrastructure at module level before handing over to integration
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
- Further improve design quality by engaging and asking feedbacks from stakeholders on designed products
- Provide and consolidate detailed electrical information so that customers can prepare their fab facility to install the designed electrical cabinets
- Assist electrical architect by providing detailed electrical safety information concerning the design to acquire third party safety certificate
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the design of Electrical & electronic modules.
- Experience in design using CAD software (Capital Logic, Xpedition designer).
- Experience in the design of cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA (mainly passive/interconnections PCBA).
- Experience with electromechanical designs is a plus
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, pro-active.
- Highly motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Structured with eye for details and with quality in mind..
- Flexible and eager to learn.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness.
- Quality focus.
- Fluent English in word and in writing
- Able and willing to travel (internationally)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and able to deal with changing circumstances
- Structured with eye for details and with quality in mind.
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic environment.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EL) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The EUV Infra Electronics Scanner Group within the Electronics Development Department delivers high quality electronic infrastructure to facilitate other scanner functional clusters. We distinguish ourselves in the following competences; Electronics cabinets, Cable routing, Mains distribution, Safety handling & EI Diagnostics.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.