You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00242642-330
Senior Software Integrator - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you a hardworking and results-oriented software engineer? Do you have a passion for programming and working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations? Then read on!
As a System Software Integrator, you will be in charge of aligning the software deliverables during pre-integration (software-only) to full system integration of hardware (mechanical and electrical). This role requires organizational, project planning, and personal skills. The team success is dependent on getting the new hardware into place and determining if a hardware or software fault is blocking. There will be a need for shift flexibility since integration will be performed 24/7 over the course of months.
Your stakeholders are the hardware integration lead, Edev, functional, and Sdev team leads and architects.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Create and Maintain System Software integration plan with team.
- Proactively work with functional and electrical counterparts on requirements and reviews.
- Setup and maintain automation infrastructures (Test Benches and Test Rigs) that facilitate the testing of production software on physical hardware.
- Continually improve the performance and turn-around-time of regression suites and smoke tests performed on physical hardware.
- Ensure lab equipment adheres to safety codes.
- Perform initial investigations of new issues (Software and Hardware) and effectively communicate to solvers for resolution.
- Participate in root cause analyses, gather data to pinpoint problem areasvalidate that the analysis and implement/evaluate solutions.
Education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with developers coding in C and/or C++.
- At least 2 years participating in a hardware-software integration. Leading a team is a plus.
- Experience working on Linux and/or Solaris platforms.
- Understanding of what drives software deliverables (SDLC expertise).
- Be able to work with stakeholders to drive to a common solution.
- Understand both the sense of urgency and attention to high quality.
- Work well with team leads, program and group managers.
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Strong understanding of software development methods.
- MS Project skill or Agile/Jira is a plus.
- Thinks creatively, out of the box, self-starting, fast learner, good coder and designer.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to take action to resolve issues quickly.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, customer focused and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The candidate must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires an onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, training and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
Eligible for additional special compensation for off-hour shift work.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.