You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Industrialisation Architect
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
If you enjoy working on system level and like to influence the industrialized design work towards D&E projects via sequence design, to ensure High Volume release towards our customers then the Sequence Design and Verification Architect can be your next position.
Taking technical leadership is a must in this role to ensure and engage the teams in FC and SID department
Role and responsibilities
The Sequence Architect’s goal is to define an unified sequence design to ensure commonality and early learnings between Manufacturing, Service Sequences and Upgrade Sequences. Defining high level design specification on CT and MTTR together with System Engineering and the D&E architects on system state level.
Next to this a risk analysis and verification strategy is needed to release the sequences to our customer, meeting the agreed Cycle Time (CT) and MTTR specifications. This is done in close cooperation with System Integration wrt a defined baseline.
- Contribute to the design of the high level sequence design
- Contribute to the definition of the budget breakdown and Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) for Cycle Time and MTTR together with System Engineering
- Create Seg documents for sequence to visualize interfaces between system states
- Perform the impact analyses towards cycle time, blueprint and work preparation based on the PBS by organizing process FMEA’s
- Create the verification strategy for manufacturing and service sequences, defining how to mitigate the identified risks on proto and pilot systems in the most effective way. Align this strategy with the functional integration and configuration strategy. This in line with the IC-16 sequence Integration competence
- Release the manufacturing and service sequences to our customer and ensure the CT and MTTR specifications are verified.
- Review the functional EPSs from D&E projects to secure the cycle time and MTTR requirements are properly cascaded.
- Create the overview of the technical project status towards Key Decisions in the ASML Product Generation Process, for Cycle Time (IC-07) and MTTR
- Close the feedback loop for cycle time and MTTR from specifications (SDS) via design (sequence) to actuals (execution) and back.
- Analyze and support system level sequence and work preparation issues.
Education and experience
- Masters or PhD work level in technical engineering with experience or background in integration of complex equipment.
- Technical knowledge of EUV machines
- Preferably knowledge on scanner metrology
- Knowledge on system level (generalist).
- Organizational talent, experience within stakeholder management
- Able to communicate on different levels.
- Taking Technical Leadership
- Typically you will have >5 years of relevant working experience. We are looking for experienced professionals with ambition to work in a high tech industry and further grow in our organization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Knowledge of way of working within ASML sectors (factory and customer support)
- Experience with new product introductions
- Able to prioritize
- Able to delegate
- Able to predict potential issues based on designs (SPS/SDS/EPDS/etc.)
- Good communicative skills
- Persuasive towards stakeholders
- Able to use a pragmatic approach
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The EUV DE (Development & Engineering) SID (System Industrialization Department) department is responsible for driving the design and actual performance of Cycle Time and Mean-Time-to-Repair to meet customer expectations at reduced manufacturing, service and upgrade cost for ASML. We own the design and integration of system sequences to enable early and shared learning for manufacturing, service and upgrade of EUV systems.
The EUV DE System Industrialization Source group within this department is responsible for defining a unified sequence design for both factory and service sequences. All with the end goal of meeting the Cycle Time (CT) and MTTR specifications defined by System Engineering to enable High Volume Manufacturing & Service.
- System Engineering (SE)
- PL Sequence Integration
- Sequence Integrators
- PI Integration project (PL/STE/UI)
- DE/FC architects
- EUV operations (CS/EF)
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.