You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Java Lead Developer
Computer science & software engineering
Other job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering, Other job categories, Other job categories
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits (‘chips’). The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are mission-critical for ASML’s internal and external activities. The department for Product Lifecycle Management and Configuration Management is responsible for delivering solutions to unlock the business value of digital design and product lifecycle management (PLM). We deliver PLM solutions to solve some of ASML’s toughest challenges and, together with our partners, we deliver the digital foundation of product innovation.
For the Technical Authoring and Usage processes of Digital Work Instructions in Manufacturing and Service Operations, we are looking for a Senior JAVA developer to strengthen the team. You are responsible for implementing and governing a shared architectural and technical vision for a full-stack software development platform for Digital Work Instructions as the lead developer. Herewith you are helping ASML to answer complex and evolving challenges, addressing global ASML specific and business critical processes to enable our fast-growing workforce worldwide.
As Lead Developer, you will support the Agile development teams for Digital Work Instructions and support the architecture of the Agile Teams in their implementation. Main activities;
- Identify and conceptualize new technologies, tooling and practices to continuously innovate the Digital Work Instruction platform
- Collaborate with backend/frontend developers and UX/UI specialists to determine and analyze technical trade-offs, determine the primary solution direction, components and subsystems, identify the interfaces and collaborations between them, define non-functional requirements (NFRs)
- Aligning with teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) to a shared solution and technical direction, validating implementation and technology choices, and evaluating implementation alternatives.
As Lead Developer you are responsible for:
- Adopting and implementing new technologies and decommission obsoleted ones according to our technology radar and roadmap
- Coaching teams to make use of our CI/CD and development tooling
- Software development competence improvements
- Bridging the development teams to ensure a standard on our technologies, tools and practices
Required knowledge for the Digital Work Instruction Platform;
- Knowledge of SVN/GIT, Sonar, Jenkins, Maven, Junit, Mockito, PowerMock
- Knowledge of Java EE 7 or higher.
- Knowledge of XML and XSD/DTD
- Knowledge of xQuery, xPath, and XSLT
- Knowledge of Webservices (SOAP/REST)
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or higher
- Knowledge of LDAP
- Knowledge of Oracle 12c or higher, Hibernate (JPA), SQL
- Knowledge of JSP, HTML, Java Server Faces (PrimeFaces)
- Knowledge of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7 or higher
- Preferably knowledge of Component Content Management Systems.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (for example in Information Technology)
- 7+ years of practical experience Java EE development, preferably in an international environment
- Experience with solution delivery in a high-tech environment
- Experience with Agile software development and Preferably SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodologies
- A good knowledge of the Scrum framework and an understanding on how to implement it effectively for any software project
- Up-to date with modern software development practices and cloud-native practices
- Up-to-date with modern software development technology stacks and how to deploy them in a large sized, Enterprise level environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Creative and a high level of initiative and involvement
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer focus, result-orientation and commitment to excellence
- Pro-active personality who can deal with resistance
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments
- Well-developed consultancy skills combined with hands-on mentality
- Passionate about driving innovative solutions