You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
28 days ago - J-00242722-387
Senior Engineer Service Design Analytics
In a nutshell
Data science, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Are you looking for a challenging position in which you drive Diagnostic solutions to enable our Service Engineers to reach Operational Excellence at our customer and define Customer Service requirements for the future? Then this might be your next job opportunity.
You will act as lead engineer for diagnostic service development; you will be responsible for driving diagnostic requirements and their implementation. You will need to master the complexity of designing for service in a unique and highly demanding environment where performance, availability and costs are the major driving forces. Since service is a labor intensive activity, implementing organizational changes and gauging human aspects are key components as well.
In addition to excellent analytical skills, you will need communication skills – to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors working in different continents that are charged with implementing your requirements for process, software, organization and supporting infrastructure improvements. You will use diagnostic knowledge to drive efficiency, cost reduction, continuous improvement, and knowledge management. You will also need to be a good listener and negotiator in order to effectively engage and motivate stakeholders.
Role and responsibilities
As a Customer Support (CS) Diagnostic Service Design Analytics Engineer you are responsible for the definition and verification of new Diagnostic deliverables such that these can be used and maintained in accordance with CS requirements and integrated in our service operations. As a specific assignment you will work on enabling the equipment diagnostics strategy to improve the diagnostic capabilities of the field teams in the context of our ASML products that become more and more complex.
- Responsible for the diagnostic process and product performance verification and qualification.
- Responsible for technical review of project deliverables.
- Identify structural improvements for the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation
- Identify structural improvements for the Diagnostic service mix (process, means, and methods)
- Drive equipment diagnostic content creation for existing and new products to enable the Fab Teams to execute diagnostics without external support.
- Integrate the new diagnostic way of working into the field operation’s workflow.
- Generate requirements and insights for new diagnostic breakthroughs.
- Use data analytics to provide insights to drive the diagnostic roadmap.
- Identify relevant data sets and flag opportunities to create “new” data and/or improve data capturing.
- Determine which data science methods match best with the relevant analytical questions.
- Continuously improve on our reporting landscape, enabling accessible and reliable insights requiring minimal manual input.
- Deploy and manage a global diagnostic network which support standardization of best known methods across all our field offices worldwide.
Your interfaces are within the sector CS with HVM and NPI Program Management, the CS Field Organization, Central Field Support, and cross sector, with Development & Engineering (D&E) and the Factories (TF and EF). You are a member of the CS Diagnostics group and have every day contacts with your colleagues in the group, project teams, Field, D&E, and Factory.
Education and experience
Master degree or PhD in technical science (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Process technology, data science etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in high tech engineering environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skill set and knowledge
- Quick learner
- High stress-tolerance.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Experience with change management
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English
The following skills are not a pre-requisite but provide advantage:
- Machine learning
- Understanding of AI
- ASML Experience
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
CS Diagnostics program supports the Customer Support Management Team in realizing their vision and strategy through the definition of diagnostic roadmaps, building blocks, and projects for processes, software, organization and supporting infrastructure. We own and drive the CS diagnostic requirements for ASML products.
The holder of this position reports to the group leader of CS Diagnostics and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Europe, Asia), max. 30% of the time.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.