You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00241903-550
Value Engineer Electronics
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you an engineer with broad interest and technical knowledge, who wants to work and challenge highly technical skilled teams and bring insight in cost structures of our products, than Value Engineering might be something for you.
Role and responsibilities
Value Engineering provides a structured approach to increase ASML profitability by improving the Value of our products for our customers and reducing its integral Costs.
The Cost team specifies the total cost of our machines and creates awareness of the value- and cost drivers in cooperation with the sectors within our organization. This will allow us to steer on margin optimization together with cost reduction.
The Value Engineer will operate from the Deep UV Cost Team and be present in projects and programs that require an extra focus on cost because of impact or risk. The Value Engineer will work with technical teams to determine actual cost estimates of building blocks, value based cost improvements and support the Cost Architect in managing these costs towards the targets. Furthermore the Value Engineer will drive the long term cost roadmaps together with the functional competences by setting up ideation and road mapping sessions.
- Leading Value Engineering activities for selected key projects until business case approval
- Initiation of Value Engineering workshops and activities, identification of Value – Cost optimization opportunities in cross-functional collaboration with project teams, technical experts, procurement and suppliers
- Support the D&E functional clusters to manage value/cost in their development roadmap
- Supporting Development and Engineering, sourcing and Business Lines in the application of value and cost optimization methods:
- during the product design phase / during other phases of the product lifecycle
- in cross-functional workshops including suppliers
- via training on Value Engineering methodologies
- Maintain network with internal and external partners
- Support the product cost roadmap together with the Cost Architect
Education and experience
- Master or similar by experience in Electronic Engineering. Good knowledge of Power Electronics, Signal Electronics and computing platforms. Affinity with costs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product architecture, product design and industrialization
- Experience in electronics systems development (power, signal, computing)
- Experience in cost structure analysis, product cost optimization, cost driver analysis and target costing
- Familiar with Value Engineering methods and techniques
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Build relationships
- Drive change
- You dare to challenge
- High analytical skills
- Influencing skills towards cross functional partners as well as suppliers.
- Personal engagement, customer orientation, empathy, excellent communication skills, pioneering spirit and assertiveness.
- Natural starter
- Creative, Conceptual
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.